• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Michelinie signing
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any books in for this? I haven't seen any updates or any movement or anything about it at all. The last book I have with them is with this signing and hopefully I get it back without the nonsense I went through for the Roy Thomas signing. I know the deadline got moved back to June 21st, but that's about a little over 2 months ago now.

About 3 weeks ago when I was dealing with the other thing they said the signing was taking place shortly, but who knows what that means in cgc time. At the risk of sounding a little bit paranoid, I have concerns about my book getting "lost" or suddenly having flaws that didn't exist simply because of my interactions with them.

When you get lectured by a senior director of the signature series for your emails being "kind of harsh" (taking my money and losing my book and losing someone else's book is also kind of harsh) and then she ceases speaking to you after promising a refund that wasn't issued... Then yeah I have a few concerns. That's why I'm wondering if anyone has seen any movement on this themselves.

They had posted stuff on facebook about this signing happening. They did Michilinie one day, then did Salicrup and Sharen the next day, then a day or two later they had Rick Parker. It was like the 9th or 10th of August they posted an edited video with all of them answering questions about their experiences. 

My books have moved thru CCS already, now SFG as of yesterday. 

Yeah mine has had no movement. I just have a bad feeling that it will get "lost". I wish I would have just pulled the book instead of having to sit around paranoid based on my last two experiences back to back with them.

On 8/27/2024 at 9:39 AM, wiparker824 said:

My books have moved thru CCS already, now SFG as of yesterday. 

Mine is still Received at CCS. Not even in pressing yet. Who all of the signing did you get on the book that's out of pressing already?

On 8/27/2024 at 10:56 AM, Skippeydoo said:

Mine is still Received at CCS. Not even in pressing yet. Who all of the signing did you get on the book that's out of pressing already?

Just DM, 5 books in total. 

On 8/27/2024 at 10:56 AM, Skippeydoo said:

1 book with all 4 signatures.  My book is the Chromium Classic Reprint of ASM 300.  I couldn’t get it pressed due to the cover, so it skipped that stage.  

Mine is just sitting at received at CCS. The interesting thing is that book has been there since well before the deadline. In the good old days when cgc actually did cool things they held on to the book after The Dan Slott signing since it wouldn't get back to me in time, and it would have been tight like three days or so to not make the deadline. So that makes it even weirder that it's just still sitting there and especially flagged as at ccs. 

I just hope I don't have to go through anymore nonsense with them.

On 8/29/2024 at 8:24 AM, lollyclown said:

Mine is just sitting at received at CCS. The interesting thing is that book has been there since well before the deadline. In the good old days when cgc actually did cool things they held on to the book after The Dan Slott signing since it wouldn't get back to me in time, and it would have been tight like three days or so to not make the deadline. So that makes it even weirder that it's just still sitting there and especially flagged as at ccs. 

I just hope I don't have to go through anymore nonsense with them.

I got all 4 on my book and since it was slabbed with an Erik Larsen sig already, and I didn't press it when he signed, I am getting it pressed also. And my book, like yours, still is just received at CCS. So, you are not the only one waiting. Hopefully they will go to pressing soon and this last experience for you is much better than the previous ones. 

On 8/29/2024 at 8:50 AM, Skippeydoo said:

I got all 4 on my book and since it was slabbed with an Erik Larsen sig already, and I didn't press it when he signed, I am getting it pressed also. And my book, like yours, still is just received at CCS. So, you are not the only one waiting. Hopefully they will go to pressing soon and this last experience for you is much better than the previous ones. 

There's one other thing that's really weird. So after the Slott signing, it hadn't been pressed because it was being sent to the next one. They actually told me it wouldn't be graded until after getting the other two signatures.

However, it was graded without the press, and got a 9.2, and this book was much better than a 9.2, even without a pressing. It has graders notes too.

There definitely were not bends, and I really am not sure why it was graded without a press being done anyway. When I contacted them about this a while ago the response was no it had not been pressed. I asked why it was graded and if that grade stands, and I got the text equivalent of *shrug* I really do not understand why I'm having all this special luck with them and my books. I have pictures of the book before I sent it in and it definitely had no bends anywhere on it. It was actually the second copy I bought because the other one wasn't nice enough in my opinion to send in to start getting multiple signatures on.

Screenshot_20240829-194502.png

Screenshot_20240829-194517.png

On 8/29/2024 at 7:49 PM, lollyclown said:

There's one other thing that's really weird. So after the Slott signing, it hadn't been pressed because it was being sent to the next one. They actually told me it wouldn't be graded until after getting the other two signatures.

However, it was graded without the press, and got a 9.2, and this book was much better than a 9.2, even without a pressing. It has graders notes too.

There definitely were not bends, and I really am not sure why it was graded without a press being done anyway. When I contacted them about this a while ago the response was no it had not been pressed. I asked why it was graded and if that grade stands, and I got the text equivalent of *shrug* I really do not understand why I'm having all this special luck with them and my books. I have pictures of the book before I sent it in and it definitely had no bends anywhere on it. It was actually the second copy I bought because the other one wasn't nice enough in my opinion to send in to start getting multiple signatures on.

Screenshot_20240829-194502.png

Screenshot_20240829-194517.png

That sucks! And doesn't make sense at all why they'd grade it if its going to another signing and then getting pressed. But you are definitely not alone in having mystery bends and stuff pop up after the book leaves your hands. My friend has a press and if its a raw book he will press it for me before I send to CGC or Facilitator's. And definitely have had some come back with lower than expected grades due to creases and bends that were not there when sent. So, not sure when they get them, just know that it happens. Though of their grading the one thing that feels like its the most subjective based upon which grader grades it is the spine ticks. Feels like some ding any spine ticks, and others ding them if they are color breaking. It's odd and confusing. 

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was incredibly confusing. Yeah the grading is definitely strangely inconsistent, which I admit I'm not that familiar with the history beyond this past year but it does feel like the inconsistency has increased, just based on what long time users of their service are saying.

Mine's still sitting in ccs. The funny thing is mine has been in their hands a solid month and a half before the submission date. 

Hopefully I see some movement on it soon otherwise I'm going to be four for four screwed up signature series books.

I've said it before but I have genuine paranoia that something might happen with this in part because of the screw-ups prior to this and in part because I apparently hurt the feelings of the senior director of the department.

The same one who said she sent me a refund and didn't and said she would answer all my questions and instead I got lectured about how busy she is at her job and about the tone of my emails. At this point my trust level with them is so abysmally low that I do not think it's out of the realm of possibility that they would screw with this book. It's the last property of mine that I have with them and at this point I'm more eager to get it back so I can be done with their business than I am about the signature, which is really sad.