• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Disney Art Exhibition Retrospective
2 2

8 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2024 at 5:42 PM, scburdet said:

A copy sold on Heritage in 2017 for $120

I'm more interested in the one sold by Van Eaton in 2018 for $968... That was the only other copy I've seen that matched mine on condition. Usually the covers on these are destroyed because they're essentially made of wood, which is even worse than pulp paper in terms of acidity/longevity.

• Administrator
On 8/31/2024 at 11:10 AM, JollyComics said:
On 8/29/2024 at 8:30 AM, scburdet said:

You can use the Ask CGC forum to determine if they will encapsulate

I intend to agree with him.  I don't think it has a comic book format.  @CGC Mike may answer it for you.

It would be best to check with customer service regarding this.  

After thinking about this a lot more, I've realized something - the encapsulation of comics and coins is tolerable because it doesn't visually impede the most interesting parts, which are the outer faces. This Disney Retrospective is the exact opposite though, with amazing, full color pages, and dead/boring covers, so I think it'd be a shame to encapsulate it.

If you search "1940 Disney Exhibition" on Worthpoint, you'll see a number of them that have been listed at eBay over the years.  The color on the cover stock seems to vary - I can't tell if the original outer cover color was the same as what I see on your inner back cover, but, in any case, your copy looks like it is in great shape with just some age to the edge of the pages.  I think you are right that Disney collectors would appreciate it most unencapsulated.