• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aggie Mack
1 1

6 posts in this topic

At least from what I can tell, this is tanned. Is that a bend crease through the TRFC? Is that a water spot(s) along the bottom edge of the back? The coloration of the cover makes seeing defects tricky.

On 8/28/2024 at 8:00 PM, scburdet said:

At least from what I can tell, this is tanned. Is that a bend crease through the TRFC? Is that a water spot(s) along the bottom edge of the back? The coloration of the cover makes seeing defects tricky.

Yes to both questions. Agree it’s tough to spot defects. Especially the crease. 

It's nice to have this number one copy.  It's 76 years old book.

Yes, it's difficult to spot the defects on the white/beige cover.   I do see the crease and some water spots.

It's impossible to grade not have this book in my hands.  I give it the grade range - 5.5 to 6.5.   Are you intending to submit this book to CGC?

Posted (edited)

IMG_1170.thumb.jpeg.6dc9c283cdae8c2d2783dda25349e749.jpeg

On 8/31/2024 at 11:19 AM, JollyComics said:

It's nice to have this number one copy.  It's 76 years old book.

Yes, it's difficult to spot the defects on the white/beige cover.   I do see the crease and some water spots.

It's impossible to grade not have this book in my hands.  I give it the grade range - 5.5 to 6.5.   Are you intending to submit this book to CGC?

I’m tempted to submit it (I’ll keep you updated if I do). It could also be a great candidate for the grading contest! 😂

The biggest flaw is the noticeable lack of cover whiteness. I’m not sure about the differences between cream, tan, and brown covers

Edited by Mavrick76