• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mt. Rainier Collection
3 3

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know any background or anything else about the "Mt. Rainier Collection?"  I've been seeing a few cool books (1960s and earlier) with this designation on the slabs listed at the auction sites but can't find anything about this particular collection.  If anyone happens to know anything about it can you please share?

Thanks

• Administrator

As I mentioned in a PM, I have sent a message to the team inquiring about this, and will post any info I receive.

Mike may want to have a rush order put in for that :

Due to its high probability of an eruption in the near future and proximity to a major urban area, Mount Rainier is considered one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world, and it is on the Decade Volcano list.[7] The large amount of glacial ice means that Mount Rainier could produce massive lahars that could threaten the entire Puyallup River valley and other river valleys draining Mount Rainier, including the Carbon, White, Nisqually, and Cowlitz (above Riffe Lake)

undefined

Edited by MAY1979

On 8/29/2024 at 8:52 AM, jeffprice said:

Anyone know any background or anything else about the "Mt. Rainier Collection?"  I've been seeing a few cool books (1960s and earlier) with this designation on the slabs listed at the auction sites but can't find anything about this particular collection.  If anyone happens to know anything about it can you please share?

Thanks

This is a collection that CGC wasn't paid to recognize so you will only see this designation on CBCS slabs.

IIRC this collection came to market about eight years ago and was mid to low grade gold and silver from the Washington State area (obviously). There isn't much info outside of that, it is just one of the "collections" that are confusing the market masquerading as a pedigree.