• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Bags for previously encapsulated graded book
1 1

3 posts in this topic

How would I submit Graded encapsulated books to CGC and indicate where I want the signature to be placed?  And will CGC put the book in a windows bag after removal from the holder?

CGC requires ungraded books submitted for in-house signing events to be in Windows bags but there is no such requirement for previously encapsulated books. They remove graded books from the holder, so the holder could not indicate the signing location.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by David Puterbaugh

When I have submitted a slabbed book for CGC SS, I have always sent in a custom window bag along with it and so far each signature has been in the area of my window bag.

You do not need to send in a window bag, they will crack open and just place it one of their yellow bag they use for signing but that leaves it open for the creator to sign anywhere unlike your own custom window bag.

On 8/29/2024 at 12:06 PM, David Puterbaugh said:

How would I submit Graded encapsulated books to CGC and indicate where I want the signature to be placed?  And will CGC put the book in a windows bag after removal from the holder?

CGC requires ungraded books submitted for in-house signing events to be in Windows bags but there no such requirement for previously encapsulated books. They remove graded books from the holder, so the holder could not indicate the signing location.

Thanks in advance.

If you care where they sign then as Wayne said, send in a window bag and backer board with the graded book. If you don't care where on the front they sign, which I typically don't, then I just send it a backer board with the info card deal taped to the back. That way they can put the backer board in with their yellow bag and have all the info with it.