• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 189 - CGC Graded 1.0
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I just picked up a slabbed copy of Batman 189, CGC 1.0, and I'm seriously considering cracking it and sending it in for a regrade. The reflections make it a little hard to see clearly, I know. Any thoughts on if it's worth regrading would be appreciated! I also included a grab of the original grader notes. Thank you!

BATMAN #189 IMG_6874 IMG_6875

IMG_6876

IMG_6877

IMG_6878

IMG_6879

IMG_6880 IMG_6881 IMG_6882

IMG_6883

IMG_6884

IMG_6871

With the long spine split, the foxing and holes, the most you would get out of this is a FR/GD 1.5, is it worth it to even try?

Batman 189 CGC 1.0 is an $80.00-$100.00 book, the same book in CGC GD/VG 3.0 is $150.00, basically a FR/GD 1.5 would be in/about the same range as the FR 1.0.

On 8/29/2024 at 2:54 PM, marvelmaniac said:

With the long spine split, the foxing and holes, the most you would get out of this is a FR/GD 1.5, is it worth it to even try?

Batman 189 CGC 1.0 is an $80.00-$100.00 book, the same book in CGC GD/VG 3.0 is $150.00, basically a FR/GD 1.5 would be in/about the same range as the FR 1.0.

Agreed that if that's sort of the consensus on highest possible, probably not worth the risk or effort. It presents well for a 1.0 book, and I'm happy with it! Just don't want it to sit at a 1.0 if it could fetch, say, 2.5 or 3.0. But sounds like that's not the case! Thank you!

On 8/29/2024 at 8:38 PM, vheflin said:

That was used as a dartboard then the cat whizzed on it.

I like it.

lol wracking my brain trying to figure out what else those holes could possibly be, and darts is the only thing that--and I can't believe I'm saying this--makes sense

Welcome to the forum! The other thing to mention, without being too nit-picky (because you're new and I'm sure you read the Usage Guidelines at the top, ahem) is that this subject would have been better posted in the Grading & Restoration Issues part of the forum. This particular forum is for when you have an ungraded book you want to solicit grade estimates for. 

On 8/30/2024 at 8:30 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Welcome to the forum! The other thing to mention, without being too nit-picky (because you're new and I'm sure you read the Usage Guidelines at the top, ahem) is that this subject would have been better posted in the Grading & Restoration Issues part of the forum. This particular forum is for when you have an ungraded book you want to solicit grade estimates for. 

O.o Sorry! Thank you!

It was graded in 2022.  You MAY have a chance to get the slight better grade.  I understood why it was graded with multiple dart holes. Maybe pellet bullet holes.  CGC already sees it very damaged book.

If you want to resubmit it, it would cost you about $40 fee not including the shipping fees on both ways.   I suggest you to take a good look at GPAnalysis (the sale history of Batman #189).  If I were you, I will keep it and save money.  It's your call.

BTW,  Welcome to the Boards.

Here is the sale history:

ScreenShot2024-08-31at9_54_59AM.thumb.png.56e25a71e59e654be70172a2dd1cf90d.png