• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Set Requests
1 1

1 post in this topic

• Administrator

Hello All 

As we work to handle the backlog of requests on the Registries, please know that moving forward we will be prioritizing new set requests based on their competitive viability. 

While we appreciate that many of you would like a set for every individual card in your inventory, we also have to work to improve what already exists on the Sports Cards registry. Competitive sets are meant to represent every card on the set checklist. Many of the sets that exist currently need to be updated so that they can provide that complete measure. 

You're free to make requests of course, but we'll be prioritizing those from requestors whose inventories reflect greatest competitive viability for the set requested. 

I'll remind everyone that the primary function of Competitive sets is to foster competition for the Awards. Competitive set participants are considered based on their completion rates first and foremost. 

I will also ask everyone to help us to address this backlog by utilizing the request forms to their fullest extent. Please review the following guidance. 

Slot Requests:

Please use the actual slot request form for existing sets. It is found within the set that you're requesting the slot for:  

image.png            image.png                  image.png

We do not need individual slot requests for the same set. Each request can be used for up to 5 certification numbers. 

image.png

New Set Requests:

image.png

Please provide details for the set you'd like. In this example, the request indicates the overall set, the insert set, and the parallel color the requestor wants to collect. The more detail given the better. It helps us to build what you want.

Each set request will accept up to 7 certification numbers. Please do not submit individual requests per certification number for the same set. 

If any of you have any questions about submitting a request, please reach out to myself or @CGC Lyndsey and we will be happy to assist.