• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Returns prices

65 posts in this topic

So I guess that would be one of those $20,000 pieces?

No.....more than that....probably in that 40k range.....right Hari ?

Nobody really knows where the market is on these splashes, as there have not been any public sales (or private, for that matter) in a number of years. Most would guess 30K or more. How much more will depend on having the right buyer at the right time.

The two that immediately spring to mind for me are the splash with Batman and Robin...and the Splash with Batman holding the rifle with a bullet hole on the "bullseye"...

Now, here's a question...where are the covers, and what are THEY worth?

I love the "Bats on a horse" splash, but to me, this is the iconic DKR piece:

Click here...

That is a great splash but i gotta say that the Bats on a horse splash sums up DKR for me. Between this and the page where he "converts" in his living room again...these two pages represent the entire run for me. It's the future, society breaks down, and Bats adapts to his surroundings.

I believe that Miller owns three of the covers and one is owned by a collector. Is that correct, Hari?

Yes, I believe so. The cover to #2 is in private hands.

WOW. That's a great cover. So am I correct in assuming that Klaus Janson got that one, and sold it? Also...has it ever changed hands? I'm guessing $75K-$100K.

Court