• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holy spine!

11 posts in this topic

That is one butt-ugly comic, and I pity da fool dat buys it.

I can remember pre-CGC, those kids of books used to be graded VF+ at best, and many EBay sellers continue to grade strictly on serious flaws like this.

I'm cutting this guy a little slack, don't you think it is just the contrast of the bright white cover and the black background? If that really was pressed like that, nobody would give that a 9.2, apart from Hammer grin.gif

I'd have to challenge you on that Kevin. Of all my books currently up for auction, not ONE of them has any appreciable spine shift, the white back cover margin wrapping around to the front cover's spine. That is one feature that I avoid in my purchases, regardless of the book's importance. 95% of my books feature cover art/colors, right up to the apex of the spine. On the remaining 5%, the color/art/spine line is no more than a hair away from the spine fold.