• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detached centerfold
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have a silver age book with a detached centerfold that is good shape and all other pages are intact and in good shape I looked at your chat boards and there are lots of discussions on this but I wanted to ask cgc I looked in your cgc guide but it wasnt to clear only thing I found was staple removed, so my question is if the book was a 9.8 would it drop all the way down to a 3.5 grade or if the book was a 7.0 would it drop that far also does the rest of the condition of the book not matter?

• Administrator

Hi @cmevans,

Thank you for reaching out to us. A detached centerfold maxes out at 7.0. If tape is used to reattach it, it could lower the grade slightly, depending on the amount of tape. If the book is 6.5 or higher other than the detached centerfold, we advise that you should NOT tape it, but just tuck the centerfold in loose. If the book is lower than 6.5 otherwise, the tape will likely not matter. The grader that I spoke to stated that they would advise not to bother taping it back in. Just tuck the centerfold in and send it as is. Tape is not going to raise the grade, but it could lower it. We cannot guarantee the grade that you receive. The decision will be made once the team is able to review the overall condition of the book. Please let us know if you have any concerns. Thank you!

• Administrator

Hi @cmevans,

You should still receive the blue label for this collectible as the detached centerfold maxes out at 7.0. We would not be able to guarantee that you will receive the blue label until we receive and examine the collectible. I hope that helps! Thank you!