• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't understand the situation (Ebay)
6 6

43 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2024 at 1:26 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I really feel bad for ya brother. I realize there is a serious language barrier and I would assume others know this too by now. I don't think you're accusing anyone of foul play and you made that quite clear. I don't know the seller, nor do I care, but if anyone claims his messages weren't confusing they're just wrong. For him to claim an item was relisted as BIN when it wasn't, only to see a number of bids on the auction once you found it, I understand was frustrating. But, it looks like he's a pretty busy guy so I'm guessing there was just some confusion on his end when he answered. Innocent and harmless in the long run. 

Pretty sure you know he wasn't trying to scam you, just poor communication.  I think maybe the approach in the opening statements in your posts could be toned down a little. I know you ran into this in the other forum too.

You've previously mentioned some struggles in your life and you're also pretty new to the comic collecting community, so maybe others just can't see past the language. Would be nice if they could.

I'm rooting for you. I hope online forums don't ruin this for ya.

The best comment here, I always appreciated the quality of your messages and your comprehensive attitude, thank you man.

Edited by Coverdeath

On 9/13/2024 at 7:26 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I really feel bad for ya brother. I realize there is a serious language barrier and I would assume others know this too by now. I don't think you're accusing anyone of foul play and you made that quite clear. I don't know the seller, nor do I care, but if anyone claims his messages weren't confusing they're just wrong. For him to claim an item was relisted as BIN when it wasn't, only to see a number of bids on the auction once you found it, I understand was frustrating. But, it looks like he's a pretty busy guy so I'm guessing there was just some confusion on his end when he answered. Innocent and harmless in the long run. 

Pretty sure you know he wasn't trying to scam you, just poor communication.  I think maybe the approach in the opening statements in your posts could be toned down a little. I know you ran into this in the other forum too.

You've previously mentioned some struggles in your life and you're also pretty new to the comic collecting community, so maybe others just can't see past the language. Would be nice if they could.

I'm rooting for you. I hope online forums don't ruin this for ya.

100% agree. I don't believe there was any nefarious intentions. I just think the communication got a little mixed up.

On 9/14/2024 at 12:24 AM, Coverdeath said:

The best comment here, I always appreciated the quality of your messages and your comprehensive attitude, thank you man.

It took me a little time too, as you know.

I was the same way.

For what it's worth, I don't think Joey was really attacking you, just speaking up for the seller is all.  Joey's a good guy.