• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I got a few things from the UK!

Not full blown commissions like over in US cons but these artists I never see here so I love them!

Kevin O'Neill sketch of Alan Moore's Grim 80's Supreme!

Simon Bisley Lobo Sketch

Alan Davis Prelim to JLA: Another Nail # 2 Cover

Thank you very much again to my friend who got them for me at the UK. I'd publicly name him but wouldn't want him inundated with requests =P

Malvin

Here some stuff I picked up today in the store...I picked up 16 pieces from a guy around here that has been collecting since the '80's. It was cool to hear the stories of what he had & sold & passed up! Here's a couple pages....

Marvel Premier #50 Alice Cooper page 1...

971ZHCALALICE.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #233 page 1....

971ZHCALASM.jpg

2 pages from Iron Man #51,52...

971ZHCAIRON.jpg

971ZHCAIRONA.jpg

Also arrived today..

this image was used as the 2nd print cover to Wolverine #71. It's an interior splash from a 2 page spread in the same issue.

971ZHCAWOLV.jpg

Edited by COMICKINGS

Got a brand new commission, which I think features (what I believe is) the ultimate 80's icon in a way you've never seen them before. Of course, don't just take me at my word, see for yourself. But be forewarned, I'm not responsible for the ruination of any fond childhood memories you get after viewing this. ;)

One of my favorite pieces was re-purposed again, this time as the cover of "Green Lantern Corps: Through the Ages" which came out this past Wednesday. I had never been able to get a very detailed image of it since I bought it framed, but since I'm moving soon I'm getting a few of my pieces re-framed or freshened up with museum glass. So I had this piece out of its frame and was able to get a more detailed image for the ol CAF...hope you guys enjoy!

Ethan Van Sciver GL Cover/Poster

The local comic shop had 5 pages of OA for a few years that recently were discounted by half plus I get a club discount. I have bought 3 so far and plan on getting one more. I picked up a what if 32, team up ann 4, spect 15 and I am going back for a defenders 79 page. The last page is from what if 16 but has no costume heros.

Just had another great triumph! I just added a cool Kelley Jones Batman page to my OA collection. I'm sure many of you know how NOT easy it is to get Kelley's originals (and how even more difficult it is to obtaining one inexpensively, when they do surface). So, please, I hope you will enjoy this newest addition to my galley almost as much as I do. :)

My latest acquisition

8e31_3.jpg

(thumbs u

Been looking for a Colan DD Splash for a while congrats on the acquisition.

I have as well. I am glad to have this one, thanks to our very own Brian Schutzer for letting me buy it!