• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Well, I just added several new pieces to my collection, including a interior page by Bret Blevins. Stop by and check them out. Comments on them, as always, are welcome. :)

Sweet page by Blevins. Like you, I believe he's been "undervalued" by collectors -- and, dang, can that man can do Good Girl Art!

Of course, Blevins has pretty much disappeared from the printed comic page...and, out of sight, out of mind. It's my understanding that he now works almost exclusively on TV superhero cartoons (most recently, the JLA).

This one isn't for me, but my wife. I got her a very special commission piece, done by the ever-talented Jason Metcalf, for her birthday yesterday. She's just put it up for public viewing and I think everyone should take a look at this. I, personally, think it is one of Jason's best effort ever! If you don't know who he is, I'm sure you'll want to after you see this.

Oh, and if you are inclined, feel free to leave a comment on it. The wife really enjoys hearing what others think of her special treasures. ;)

I don't post every purchase or CAF addition to this thread just because I know my tastes run differently than much of the board, but these are too swell not to share.

369024823.jpg

I gave Duncan Fegredo's cover for Enigma #7 to my wife for her birthday in June.

We're picking out the framing material for it this weekend. It will more than likely end up on a wall by itself, opposite 2 Fegredo Shade covers that are in my CAF gallery, for those interested.

A bigger deal for me is a McKean piece that will grace the main wall in the formal living room upon it's immanent arrival. I'm so excited for this one it's ridiculous.

370298805.jpg

Vampyr

43" x 43" x 4" oil & mixed media from the Nitrate series

-e.

I don't post every purchase or CAF addition to this thread just because I know my tastes run differently than much of the board, but these are too swell not to share.

369024823.jpg

I gave Duncan Fegredo's cover for Enigma #7 to my wife for her birthday in June.

We're picking out the framing material for it this weekend. It will more than likely end up on a wall by itself, opposite 2 Fegredo Shade covers that are in my CAF gallery, for those interested.

A bigger deal for me is a McKean piece that will grace the main wall in the formal living room upon it's immanent arrival. I'm so excited for this one it's ridiculous.

370298805.jpg

Vampyr

43" x 43" x 4" oil & mixed media from the Nitrate series

-e.

:o

Wow! Those are some fantastic pieces. Congrats.

I just started getting into OA (besides sketch covers), I'll post my finds in a few.

I acquired these 2 pieces recently by accident; they were in a long box I purchased. Once again, I don't know too much about OA, but I do know these artists:

George Tuska(signed on bottom right corner):

tuska.jpg

Nick Cardy:

NICKCARDYPRINT.jpg

I'm donating the Nick Cardy piece to the CGC Charity Auction, the Tuska stays, for now.

Congrats Mike!

I'm glad you can finally announce that awesome acquisition!

Malvin

I've recently picked up some pieces, one being a loooonnnng time coming. I haven't put all these on my CAF yet, since they are "in the mail"....

WizardHulk.jpg

Moldoff001.jpg

JLA_106_cover.jpg

Both pieces are simply amazing - nicely done!! (thumbs u

Yesterday i was searchin through ebay and came across an artist with superb feedback offering commissions.

His examples looked excellent, price was nice, and a local guy to boot. So i hit it.

He will ship you the original art, and email you a high and low res digitally colored image !

I asked for a hot Sheena with panther and simple background. I paid slightly extra for the panther and background, but well worth it !

Later the same day ! he emailed me this for my approval, and then shipped the original ! and i am very very happy with it :)

I will be getting another one done shortly :)

Here is a link to his Ebay Listing

And link to his Website

Actual image is not censored.

sheenalow2.jpg

Are swipes cool with people that commission art?

I for one would feel pretty unhappy, even if it was an original face and subtle details...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=329768&GSub=51502

I can do another search on CAF and find the cat too if people want. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before too. doh!

-e.