• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Delirium by Stuart Sayger. He actually had a piece done for me during comic con. When I went to pick it up, he told me he was not satisfied with it and offered to redo it completely. Here is the second piece that he did. Needless to say, he did a wonderful job and I really appreciated the artistic integrity.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=551099&GSub=86552

This Delirium piece complements that Death piece that he did for me last year. Here is a link to them side by side:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=551101&GSub=86552

And I pick both of these up at the FAN EXPO in Toronto. Was chatting with Pat Davidson the inker on X-factor. What a cool guy. So he sold me this page for $100 and signed it. Said for me to go down and visit Valentin De Landro and he would sign it. So I chatted with Valentino, and he said whipped out the penciled page! And I got it for $50. Not too bad of a deal!!

X-factorpencils.jpg[/img]

X-factorInks.jpg[/img]

In 2005, my wife bought me a wonderful Daredevil and Black Widow commission for me by Gene Colan.

He suggested that I should get it inked and colored by Dave Gutierrez, but we couldn't do it at that time.

Recently, I contracted with Dave to ink (from a scan) and color (digitally) the piece. You can see all three here at full size. The description has links to each piece.

Here's a thumbnail

Triptych - Daredevil and Black Widow by Colan (pencil) and Gutierrez (ink, color).jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

Wow, that's really cool. Do you know why he recommended Gutierrez?

Dave's been Gene's regular inker for commissions for some time. As one person commented on my CAF, Dave is one of the few who really "get" Gene's pencils.

I really like what he did. Did you go look at the larger scans on my CAF gallery?

Wow, that's really cool. Do you know why he recommended Gutierrez?

Dave's been Gene's regular inker for commissions for some time. As one person commented on my CAF, Dave is one of the few who really "get" Gene's pencils.

I really like what he did. Did you go look at the larger scans on my CAF gallery?

I can honestly say I've never seen a better inker after Gene.

I just grabbed this from Will Gab-riel. While I've never bought anything from him before, I've spoken to him a few times and he was extremely generous to me when I was first in the hobby. I literally called him out of the blue and picked his brain about the hobby, asking question after question. I've always remembered how helpful he was to a total stranger and which is why I try and help people new to the hobby when asked.

WhosWhoNightwing.JPG