• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,771 posts in this topic

This one's in the mail, and it has a long story to go with it. I e-mailed Bob Layton over a year ago (August of last year, to be exact), asking if he could do a sketch for me. I wanted a variation of Iron Man #132 (one of my favorite covers of all time - "The Battle Below!").

I wanted a sketch of The Thing in place of Iron Man. I wasn't getting background, so it wouldn't be an underwater scene, just The Thing trying to keep under wraps (literally!) with a large chain. Many, many things have delayed the sketch on Bob's end, and I tried to as patient as I could.

After a year, he told me he didn't know when he was going to be able to get to it, and offered me a refund. I told him that I wanted the sketch, but after a year, it was getting ridiculous, and to just send me the refund so I could bring this to a close.

Well, on Monday, I got an e-mail from Bob saying that he'd done the sketch, and that he was mailing it AND my refund this week. So I'm getting a free sketch from Bob Layton, and all I had to do was wait a year and be patient! :)lol

Here's the jpeg that he sent me. It's not what I asked for, but I'm just happy to be getting a free "Thing vs. Hulk" sketch from Bob Layton.

thingvshulk.jpg