• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Won this on ebay last night. It was too cute to pass up. I got it to put up on my son's wall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280735285417?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

lol, that is awesOME!

Isn't it cute? I thought it would be a hoot to have up on the wall. Only $2 shipping, too.

First post so be kind...

So my favorite thing in the comicbook world is Green Lantern (Hal). And the only thing I love more than good 80s era Hal, are those Tales of the Green Lantern Corps backups. My first Green Lantern comic was #159 and it was all down hill from there.

So this weekend over at Heritage they were auctioning off a 10 page lot of art from the Tales of the GLC backups, which included 3 pages from my first green lantern comic #159, and 3 pages of the second half of the story which was in the followup issue #160, and another 4 pages from the Tales of the Green Lantern Corps from Green Lantern #154... so I kinda had to bid right?

um I won.

GreenlanternCorps158and9.jpg

Issue #154 stars Medphyll with art by Paris Cullins

Issue #159-160 features Penelops with art by JK Moore

All pages were inked by Rodin Rodriguez, so I'm guessing thats the provenance.

I dont have a huge collection, but this buy may have nearly doubled my OA collection.

My original plans were to sell the pages of GLC form issue #154 to offset my costs, but now Im thinking of just keeping them cause the Paris art is sweet...

Here are larger scans of my two favorite pages from the lot.

GL154p30.jpg

love the action image of the character (Medphyll) splashing over the panel layout. Paris did a great job with these layouts.

GL159p31.jpg

I remember that final image of the big eye-squid thing (Penelops) flying at the space pilots so vividly as a 7-8 year old, its like yesterday.

First post so be kind...

You're ignorant and your art is !

Just kidding man, welcome to the board. Congrats on your collection of pages from issues that are personally important to you. I know it can be hard to find items from specific issues, looks like you've got a nice start to possibly someday even completing one of those issues. Do you have a gallery where people can contact you if they have pages from issues you like?

First post so be kind...

You're ignorant and your art is !

Do you have a gallery where people can contact you if they have pages from issues you like?

:cry:

Check my signature for a link to my CAF page... still adding these to it, but you can see my collection up till now... You can see my pride and joy from the recetn Batgirl finale (#24) full page splash... very cover worthy...

*Sigh*, these are pieces I USED to own and seriously regret selling when I did. Sorry about the lousy pic, it is all I have left. :sorry:

Wow, sorry that you got rid of them. Seller's remorse, eh? But sometimes you do what you have to do (assuming a serious financial need, and not to fund another purchase).

*Sigh*, these are pieces I USED to own and seriously regret selling when I did. Sorry about the lousy pic, it is all I have left. :sorry:

Wow, sorry that you got rid of them. Seller's remorse, eh? But sometimes you do what you have to do (assuming a serious financial need, and not to fund another purchase).

Those things I could almost justify. It was a person_without_enough_empathyy (now ex-) girlfriend who didn't understand collecting and I let her talk me into selling them after I received an unsolicited offer for them. It was ok money for 8-9 years ago, but the appreciation for quality art has been astronomical. I sold some other pieces back before then to fund other purchases that I wish I hadn't done in hindsight too, but that is how you learn I guess.

When Spencer updated his site with more Marshall Rogers art, I managed to get 2 Mr. Miracle pages (3rd series). I didn't realize until I got them that they were page 1 and 3 of a 3 page sequence, so when I had the chance, I went back and bought the middle sequence now here they are:

page 1

page 2

page 3

of course now I notice that the next 2 pages are still on his site, heh, I'll grab them next!

Malvin

When Spencer updated his site with more Marshall Rogers art, I managed to get 2 Mr. Miracle pages (3rd series). I didn't realize until I got them that they were page 1 and 3 of a 3 page sequence, so when I had the chance, I went back and bought the middle sequence now here they are:

page 1

page 2

page 3

of course now I notice that the next 2 pages are still on his site, heh, I'll grab them next!

Malvin

Congrats Malvin - nice find and great sequence!

I picked up a couple pieces at Comic Art Con as well.

prelimsmall.jpg

Eerie #43 prelim by Luis Dominguez

GrahamIngelsSmall.jpg

The Vault of Horror #28 "We Ain't Got No Body" page 6 by Graham Ingels. I was on collecting hiatus when this particular story hit Heritage. Would have loved a shot at the final page.