• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I just won this one last night. It has been quite a while since I picked up any Batman Animated artwork, especially now that I only pick up splashes and covers. Once I have it in hand I will post a group shot of all the double pages splashes I have

batman_animated.jpg

:luhv:

I just won this one last night. It has been quite a while since I picked up any Batman Animated artwork, especially now that I only pick up splashes and covers. Once I have it in hand I will post a group shot of all the double pages splashes I have

batman_animated.jpg

:luhv:

+1

While in Dallas for the recent comic con to meet Al Plastino, I also saw Joe Eisma of Morning Glories. I really enjoy that book and Joe's art. He's working on a series of prints of the major characters and I decided to get this one of Casey.

Eisma,%20Joe%20-%20Casey%20from%20Morning%20Glories%20(OA%20for%20print).jpg

I have another "piece" of artwork by Joe. I had him place a head shot on the lead in page for each chapter of the Deluxe Hardcover of Morning Glories.

Click on the image to see Joe at the signing where he did the work and close ups to individual pieces as well.

Eisma,%20Joe%20-%20MGA%20Cast%20from%20Morning%20Glories%20(small).jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

Had a good day at the Long Beach Comic Con today. Neal Adams was in a light and pleasant mood - normally he has his nose to the grindstone cranking out pieces. Had a good conversation with Stuart Sayger about a potential commission. Saw Rahsan Ekedal and got to tell him how much I enjoy two pages he sold me and the book Echos that I read as a result.

Picked up three pages from Drew Johnson - all at my wife's request.

This one grabbed my eye as we were walking by and I really wanted an excuse to buy it. My wife decided that since we like traveling, Big Ben's tower in the background can represent our recent trip.

The comic should be coming out in the next few weeks. This is the first published cover I have purchased.

DrewJohnsonSteedandMrsPeel3cover.jpg

We also picked up these two pages just because we really liked the imagery - and the unbelievably low price of $5 each.

Clone Corps #1 p. 24

DrewJohnsonCloneCorps1p24.jpg Clone Corps #1 p. 25

DrewJohnsonCloneCorps1p25.jpg

Edited by PokerKid

Ah! That explains it. Can you post a scan of the pencils? I really enjoy seeing the inker's impact on pencils.

I like the minor changes, e.g., Superboy's jaw, that Joe Rubenstein made to Mike (Nasser) Netzer's LSH piece for me. You can see both by clicking on the image below:

Netzer,%20Michael%20and%20Joe%20Rubinstein%20-%20Superboy%20and%20Legion%20(LSH)%20(3rd%20completed%20inks).jpg