• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

here is my other pickup from Bechara at the comic art con - Barry Windsor Smith on Daredevil (he inked some pages and Wiacek inked others, I am unsure on this one but my guess is Wiacek and BWS on the other page I have from this issue)

bwsDD236p2.jpg

feel free to leave comments on my CAF page

Edited by Bird

Nice page, congrats!

I like Aaron Campbell's art and I like the new shadow series (Garth Ennis doesn't hurt either)

Malvin

Thanks!

I've been trying to get a nice splash since the series came out, but they always seemed to sell before I could get them.

It worked out well for me since I actually like this splash more than any others I had been looking at.

Done by me for a fellow boardie (finished yesterday):

Mio-99.jpg

It was a little intimidating to even try; but I think I came pretty close! Even though my natural style is nothing like FF's.

Very nice piece! (thumbs u

Heroic boradie jeBailey hooked this up for me!!! (worship)

I've never seen Bernie in any NYC-area show, but John offered to check out his wares at the Charlotte show the other weekend. Charlotte? I think it was Charlotte, yeah. At any rate, he went through Bernie's stuff, took pics and sent them to me, and ultimately fronted me the full cost of this beauty! (worship) (worship)

And, now that I think about it, he paid for shipping too! John, I owe you one. Thanks tons man!!

wrightson_cgc.jpg

So, this is only pencils. I was thinking it might be fun to send scans to three or four artists and get it inked in varying styles. I'd want Sienkiewicz if I can get him, 'cuz I love his inks and have never seen them over Wrightson. Is there anyone who's known for inking Wrightson?

From Bill Sienkiewicz. I don't think it's 100% finished yet, but...

wrightson-inks2-copy.jpg

Heroic boradie jeBailey hooked this up for me!!! (worship)

I've never seen Bernie in any NYC-area show, but John offered to check out his wares at the Charlotte show the other weekend. Charlotte? I think it was Charlotte, yeah. At any rate, he went through Bernie's stuff, took pics and sent them to me, and ultimately fronted me the full cost of this beauty! (worship) (worship)

And, now that I think about it, he paid for shipping too! John, I owe you one. Thanks tons man!!

wrightson_cgc.jpg

So, this is only pencils. I was thinking it might be fun to send scans to three or four artists and get it inked in varying styles. I'd want Sienkiewicz if I can get him, 'cuz I love his inks and have never seen them over Wrightson. Is there anyone who's known for inking Wrightson?

From Bill Sienkiewicz. I don't think it's 100% finished yet, but...

wrightson-inks2-copy.jpg

Excellent. I like it!

Spawn: New Blood TPB cover by Brian Haberlin.

This piece was also used as a promo image for Spawn, and as the interior cover from issue 166-184 of the main Spawn series.

On the reverse is a sketch of Spawn by Todd McFarlane who light-boxed the art and used the sketch to give some pointers to Brian for drawing Spawn in the future.

haberlinspawn.jpg

mcfarlanespawn.jpg

http://cafurl.com?i=18914

I haven't bought anything in a little over a year. Saw this come on eBay and figured I could get it for a lot less than the original asking price on Ken Kelly's website from years ago. I held off on buying it due to the price and I was never crazy about his face in the painting. Kraven is a top 3 favorite villain of mine and I prefer villains. I only know of about 5 to 7 other published paintings with him. This is my third favorite. The other one is locke din a collection and the other the artist doesn't even know where it is (thinks it's with a family member) and also doesn't sell often. SInce I was able to get it cheaper I figured I would take the plunge. His face acutally looks much better in person due to the size. It's 21 and 3/4 by 32 and 3/8.

kraven2.jpg

I haven't bought anything in a little over a year. Saw this come on eBay and figured I could get it for a lot less than the original asking price on Ken Kelly's website from years ago. I held off on buying it due to the price and I was never crazy about his face in the painting. Kraven is a top 3 favorite villain of mine and I prefer villains. I only know of about 5 to 7 other published paintings with him. This is my third favorite. The other one is locke din a collection and the other the artist doesn't even know where it is (thinks it's with a family member) and also doesn't sell often. SInce I was able to get it cheaper I figured I would take the plunge. His face acutally looks much better in person due to the size. It's 21 and 3/4 by 32 and 3/8.

kraven2.jpg

:applause: