• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I'm a long time lurker on these forums but a newbie when it comes to making posts.

Recently picked up this Amazing Spiderman 258 cover recreation by the original penciller (Ron Frenz) and inker (Joe Rubinstein).

Not sure how to post a pic, been trying but have gone round in circles, so if your interested have a look here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=929288&GSub=134683

Edited by Ryebaby

No that's fine - I appreciate the assistance. I have a trying relationship with technology (to say the least!!!!)

asm_258_combined_20%20(1).jpg

Hooray, I managed to post the image (after a LOT of f****** about) !!! :)

Edited by Ryebaby

Thom Zahler of Love and Capes does a signed and numbered, limited edition print for each comic book convention he attends. The prints feature a prominent landmark from the host city. I got print 1/25 for Comicpalooza.

Recently, the Inkwell Awards posted a new set of auctions which included the OA for the print. Naturally, I had to bid.

So, I've now posted the OA and the print to the CAF for your viewing pleasure. Here's the link to the print and OA for it.

BTW, if you were reading Love and Capes, you'd know that DC is copying Thom's Crusader/Amazonia story with the Superman / Wonder Woman power couple (power couple code name: WoMan). :)

You would also probably laugh more from his version. In any case, you can check out the series free on-line at Love and Capes and trades and new issues from IDW.

For some clues as to how the Superman story will roll,

I forgot the link averse!

Zahler,%20Thom%20-%20Comicpalooza%202012%20Print%20and%20OA%20(400x400)%20-%20Smaller.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

I purchased this page from Bob Layton at a recent convention. He mentioned it is from a comic he is waiting to be published called Ironman Redux. He said it is his very last Iron Man comic and then he is focusing his attention on things outside of comics.

I ran into Dave Ross the penciller of the comic at the same convention, he told me it is written by the classic I.M. team of David Micheline and Bob Layton the storyline harkens back to the time period just after the second Armor Wars . Bob is also inking the project bringing his patented lustre to the pencil art. Dave has deliberately pulled back his usual blackspotting to allow Bob full freedom in his 'finishes'. He mentioned that it will probably be published around the same time as the release of the Iron Man 3 movie. Both the movie and limited series interrelate to each other. I mentioned to him that I bought the page from Layton and he told me that was one of his most favorite pages from the series and wished he got it and not Layton. He told me the iron man suit was modeled after Romita Jr's iron man from his last run on iron man, but Tony Stark was given the Layton 70s look, mustache, long hair and all. Long story short, it looks like it will be a great series and if the movie uses any of the content, it should be interesting.

DSC05483.JPG

Another Scott Dalrymple for my Bat collection. I'm expecting one day his stuff won't be so readily available or cheap. I wonder why he hasn't done more comic work than what he's already done? He clearly loves doing superheros.

$T2eC16dHJFoE9nh6piifBQMYJcKCW!~~60_57.JPG

I love pin-ups and commissions.

However, if I'm an editor, I want an artist that can tell the story in a compelling fashion and hits deadlines. I think those are the hills that stops many talented artists.

I have no idea as to whether Scott can or cannot do those things, but I'm pretty sure that they are the barrier to entry for most.

It's a chicken/egg thing - How do I prove that I can tell a story and hit a deadline without the first comic?

I've had these for a while, but since I'm new to this forum...

Unfortunately the AC drain pipe in my attic backed up and overflowed though the roof in my bedroom and down onto my full size sketchpad. Talk about getting enraged!

This is actually a Tim Tyler ink on vellum that was used for production. Someone else I know owns the Tim Vigil original pencil of this piece.

2c%208%2012%2023%20PM.jpg' alt='2.gif.9fc66b13abe5d736a39bc1a668f42ae9.gif' alt='2c'>%208%2012%2023%20PM.jpg'>

These are two commissions I had done at Wizard World Dallas back in Nov 2003 by Tim Vigil.

Ich - Inked

2c%208%2014%2028%20PM.jpg' alt='2.gif.9fc66b13abe5d736a39bc1a668f42ae9.gif' alt='2c'>%208%2014%2028%20PM.jpg'>

Jay and Silent Bob - pencil only - Signed by Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes the same day. Kevin loved it!

I had to edit it, but you can figure out what is going on...

2c%208%2016%2034%20PM.jpg' alt='2.gif.9fc66b13abe5d736a39bc1a668f42ae9.gif' alt='2c'>%208%2016%2034%20PM.jpg'>