• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Action 1s added to the census

19 posts in this topic

81 graded copies. Makes you wonder how many more are out there ungraded either in collections or simply forgotton waiting to be found. I know of at least 3 locally in collections of private collectors that are totally unknown to pretty much all of fandom. 

On 9/18/2024 at 7:29 AM, woowoo said:

@sfcityduck said in Christine Farrell thread -----I heard she had at least two Action 1s (kept an undercopy), but only one has been posted so far:(shrug)

Other dupes from her collection have already been posted - an interesting one is the two copies of D26.

On 9/18/2024 at 5:33 PM, rob_react said:

Both were added in the July 16, 2024 Census update and the other one is a restored 5.5. I'll keep digging to see if I can find the book via associated serial numbers.

Here's the 6.0

CGC4447938-002_OBV.thumb.jpg.36c1464e1719129aefc78cd8221a4489.jpg

Back in the late 80s DC had a house ad they ran in Overstreet and other places that pictured Action #1, Showcase #4, New Teen Titans #1 laid out on top of a bank safe deposit type box. I believe this is the copy of Action #1 that they used in that ad.

On 9/18/2024 at 5:51 PM, Crowzilla said:

Back in the late 80s DC had a house ad they ran in Overstreet and other places that pictured Action #1, Showcase #4, New Teen Titans #1 laid out on top of a bank safe deposit type box. I believe this is the copy of Action #1 that they used in that ad.

The fading?

On 9/18/2024 at 2:33 PM, rob_react said:

Both were added in the July 16, 2024 Census update and the other one is a restored 5.5. I'll keep digging to see if I can find the book via associated serial numbers.

Here's the 6.0

Based on the video below, I believe the 6.0 is her undercopy. The copy in this video at 23:00 looks sharp:

https://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb-aacip-113-021c5fmk

I don't count myself a restoration expert but even I can spot that trimming and that's on my phone without my glasses on. 

Its like they haven't even employed a straight edge and used them scissors you get at primary school that have trouble cutting jelly.

On 9/19/2024 at 4:22 AM, koollectablz said:

I don't count myself a restoration expert but even I can spot that trimming and that's on my phone without my glasses on. 

Its like they haven't even employed a straight edge and used them scissors you get at primary school that have trouble cutting jelly.

lol  

Keep in mind that this book may have been trimmed decades ago...

On 9/19/2024 at 5:37 AM, vheflin said:

It has a note on it which could be "copy A, B" sort of thing.

A1.jpg.dfb1738cf5489200fd9c03e120539664.jpg

No doubt its a different copy because it has no fading on the top edge. And while the video is not the highest quality (but better than that screen grab) the colors appear vibrant. Also does not appear to be a reprint because it has the yellow running board, rocks, and right car color.