• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill's "Don't Make Me Slab" them Thread - mostly original owner high grade silver, some slabs. RECAP on Page 1 - DISCOUNTS ON MOST PREVIOUSLY LISTED BOOKS
9 9

382 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2024 at 8:37 AM, Corvonie said:

Two questions for the group, as I prep for today/the weekend:

1) I have a smattering of random gold books (like literally probably 3).  None are superhero books. I feel like those belong in their own thread and they’ll get lost in here, but what do you all think?

2) Would the group be interested in a run of Gold Key Magnus that range from mid to high grade?  Ditto other Gold Key?

@EMazman

Let's start with something fun I missed earlier.  

Uncanny X-men #49 - 6.0 - $80 SOLD

A diamond-in-the-rough.  I probably overpaid for it, but couldn't resist the project and am so happy with the results.   A great example of what a clean and press can do.  Offered at what I paid for it.

iREmbpE.jpeg

jVma4Uv.jpeg

0HuGoFl.jpeg

QMbwOQW.jpeg

To see how it looked when I got it, click here:

https://imgur.com/a/ejSDHV3

Edited by Corvonie

On 9/22/2024 at 10:52 AM, Corvonie said:

Uncanny X-men #49 - 6.0 - $80

A diamond-in-the-rough.  I probably overpaid for it, but couldn't resist the project and am so happy with the results.   A great example of what a clean and press can do.  Offered at what I paid for it.

iREmbpE.jpeg

jVma4Uv.jpeg

0HuGoFl.jpeg

QMbwOQW.jpeg

Take

On 9/22/2024 at 9:52 AM, Corvonie said:

Uncanny X-men #49 - 6.0 - $80

iREmbpE.jpeg

jVma4Uv.jpeg

0HuGoFl.jpeg

QMbwOQW.jpeg

:golfclap:Fine work

Iron Fist #14 - 9.4(?) - $700

Another fun one.  I got this in a trade as a slabbed 9.2.  When I cracked it, there was TONS of stuff going on.  Cleaned up a number of dents, bends, and ticks on the front and back cover.  Logic would dictate it would get up to a 9.4 but it's got that TLFC and you know logic and grading.  Offered here at between 9.2 and 9.4 pricing instead of re-slabbing, because I'm loving sharing the process with you and the raw book love here!

a8A6Wub.jpeg

mKLFIP1.jpeg

LgiLUXZ.jpeg

HHo7YwM.jpeg

AW7YxfD.jpeg

UUSg7yB.jpeg

hBCPe8n.jpeg

7EKCl5M.jpeg

EJfdNbj.jpeg

6dBcrTK.jpeg

VGCTrZE.jpeg

EDwhaKw.jpeg

uFcnokm.jpeg

nyA1fnq.jpeg

kAOlkZw.jpeg

RSnN6Vg.jpeg

UbKyNZp.jpeg

Here it is as slabbed. 

Bill's before Notes:

fold BRFC, bends/waviness TCFC, dents FC, Spine Ticks Front and Back Cover, schmutz (that's the industry term) BRBC, general lumpiness, yellowing back cover.

If removing all that is still a 9.2, we're all going to learn something when I send it back in lol

https://imgur.com/a/MdVbpBN

Edited by Corvonie

Back in a bit, with:

some silver/bronze Marvel odds and ends, including some spectacular spider-man

some bronze DC horror (maybe just one, don't hold me to "some")

the silver X-Men that got missed first go-round

Thanks so much!

If you're picturing the last 3 days of my life like Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, you're basically right.   If you're wondering who my Benicio DelToro is: @ThePreacher @flying_bison.

fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas-raoul-duk

Edited by Corvonie