• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill's "Don't Make Me Slab" them Thread - mostly original owner high grade silver, some slabs to show I'm serious X-). Raw listings starting tonight 9/19 at 5:30 PM PST
2 2

29 posts in this topic

A while back, I started a joke where I said I wanted to do a big sale to keep myself in check and prove I could let things go.  Then reality delivered the punchline with some (all good stuff) good reasons to sell.

By the time we're done, it'll be:

• a pretty full run of X-Men from the teens to #150
  • some Journey into Mystery/Thor
  • some early Daredevil
  • Mystery in Space
  • some more silver/bronze odds and ends
  • maybe even a pretty full run of FF from the teens to 100

TERMS:

People on the probation list are not eligible to purchase. :sumo:

All slabbed sales are final, but of course if the book doesn't arrive correctly, that's a different story.

I'll accept returns on raw books if notified within 72 hours of arrival.  I'm happy to discuss concessions or some other arrangement instead of returns, but I may not be able to accomodate anything other than returns since these are mostly recent acquisitions and I don't have much wiggle room on many of them.

First :takeit:in this thread or via PM wins the book based on time stamp.

All prices are in USD.

Priority shipping within the US is included for books over $1000.  If you want to insure it, that's available up to $5000, according to my research. We can insure it to your level of comfort including through alternate insurers.  Book will be securely shipped in the same packaging/style as it came back from CGC.  I'm also happy to ship with your preferred shipper or do in-person if you're local enough (I am in southern NY, about 1 hr north of NYC.

Shipping for slabs under $1000 is $15 within the continental US.

Raw books can be sent media if desired, securely packaged, which will mean shipping starts at $5, and I'll do my best to keep the number of boxes to a minimum and only ever charge cost for shipping.

I would ship internationally but would have to calculate rates etc when we find out where I'm shipping.

This is my 5th sale here, so please ask about anything I may have left out!

I don't have a ton of Kudos on the boards yet, but I've gotten only good feedback so far.  I have a longer track record on reddit comicswap, and of course, am happy to discuss via PM and do what I can to make any buyer feel comfortable.

I'll prefer personal checks (will likely need to clear as I'm new here), Money Order, Paypal F&F, or Zelle.

Feel free to send me offers via PM

Edited by Corvonie
shipping updated for raw books and terms updated for raw books.

Tales to Astonish #36 - 6.5+ - $425 

crazy gloss on this one, gorgeous puffy spine. Community consensus grade coalesced around 7.5. 

I like it better as a nice 6.5. Centerfold detached at one staple.

Community grade here: https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/537293-pgm-tales-to-astonish-36-centerfold-partially-detached/

MKRl89j.jpeg

oBSPMtH.jpeg

jaLfp05.jpeg

Just wanted to say...

Bill is absolutely ACES as a seller and I wholeheartedly vouch for him.

Not sure if my vouch helps or hurts you Bill, but these books are absolutely fantastic. I have seen some of this collection in hand and would agree they are special books. The feel and look of them is something to remember.

:foryou:

One more slab, then a break til this evening.  Thanks for looking!

Marvel Super-Heroes #20 - 8.0 - $575 
I can't understand how this didn't grade higher, so price reflects it (see raw pics).  Crack and resubmit?  Crack and love and hug and name it George?

qIIekWF.jpeg

vtq9SJx.jpeg

ZPEN3nx.jpeg

s6rhlkF.jpeg

Notes and images here: https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4468006010/

Edited by Corvonie

On 9/19/2024 at 1:56 PM, ThePreacher said:

Just wanted to say...

Bill is absolutely ACES as a seller and I wholeheartedly vouch for him.

Not sure if my vouch helps or hurts you Bill, but these books are absolutely fantastic. I have seen some of this collection in hand and would agree they are special books. The feel and look of them is something to remember.

:foryou:

aww shucks!  Thank you.  I agree, and that's what got me hooked on this collection in the first place (here-on-in known as the Tim Horton's pedigree named after where I met up with the original owner).

On 9/19/2024 at 10:56 AM, Corvonie said:

One more slab, then a break til this evening.  Thanks for looking!

Marvel Super-Heroes #20 - 8.0 - $550
I can't understand how this didn't grade higher, so price reflects it (see raw pics).  Crack and resubmit?  Crack and love and hug and name it George?

qIIekWF.jpeg

vtq9SJx.jpeg

ZPEN3nx.jpeg

s6rhlkF.jpeg

I will take George.