• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RE-OPENING, THANKS FOR THE LOVE - Bill's "Don't Make Me Slab" them Thread - SA DC/MARVEL - RECAP on Page 25, new stuff on page 26
12 12

577 posts in this topic

CAP, then a little break, then probably some X-Men, and maybe a couple ASM, but first

TOKA #9 - I don't grade for free, but it's really nice - SOLD
Picked this one up at a 1/2 price Black Friday sale at a super cool LCS in Philadelphia.  None of these IPs ever really hit like the big two, but they're so much fun and this is some stellar Frank Springer

vnWKU5v.jpeg

ghNuOSy.jpeg

y7ejG81.jpeg

Edited by Corvonie

Captain America #109 - 6.5/7.0 - $75

I know we're on the boards, but this thing was actually slabbed as an 8.0 OW/W and neither myself nor the previous owner could figure out why.  Purchased from a dear friend as a project with the cert for a totally reasonable price, but it was yellow as heck and the centerfold was detached.  It's been cleaned and pressed and is ready for a real cap fan.

WGxv2eB.jpeg

o11ORPk.jpeg

ipoj31d.jpeg

Edited by Corvonie

On 10/5/2024 at 9:20 AM, Corvonie said:

Captain America #109 - 6.5/7.0 - $75

I know we're on the boards, but this thing was actually slabbed as an 8.0 OW/W. Purchased from a dear friend as a project with the cert for a totally reasonable price, but it was yellow as heck and the centerfold was detached.  It's been cleaned and pressed and is ready for a real cap fan.

WGxv2eB.jpeg

o11ORPk.jpeg

ipoj31d.jpeg

Lookin good!

Let's get strange for a sec...

Doctor Strange #179 - 9.0 - $85 SOLD

I think this was sold to me on the boards as a 9.2. I don't think it's that, but it's really nice.  One of those super thick glossy black covers.  And one of my favorite covers.

174JiUR.jpeg

ZeK6htR.jpeg

O9WlZlY.jpeg

Edited by Corvonie

On 10/5/2024 at 11:32 AM, Corvonie said:

Strange Tales #150 - 6.0/5 - $25

Is this an Everett cover? Certainly looks like it.  Doesn't look like Buscema, who's on the inside. Comics (and printing, I think) had to catch up to Everett.  If anyone here is sitting on any late 60s/70s Everett Sub-Mariner, hit me up!

P6kUSGy.jpeg

kIhHhwc.jpeg

LqIXChY.jpeg

Word is Everett did the pencils/inks/and lettering...It is a beaut

Strange Tales #107 - 7.5/8.0 - $800

Won't be sad for this one to go back on my display shelf.  But this is partially about letting go.  Got it as a slabbed 7.0 with a crazy spine roll and a deep dust shadow on the right side of the front cover.  I think with a book this old, it could likely pull an 8 after the improvements, but I'm pricing it more like a 7.5 because 8.0 is a huge jump

WrKX2EK.jpeg

GkvpOWc.jpeg

PCZfctd.jpeg

GpcYfXt.jpeg

5BsJH93.jpeg

ZaRAScT.jpeg

nQJeEkJ.jpeg

5bDY6XQ.jpeg

9wlchJb.jpeg

mkZHFqF.jpeg