• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miller's "300" The Movie

15 posts in this topic

headbang.gifUp until this summer i had no idea this book existed. I left comics for about 10 years and when i stumbled upon this i fell in love with it. After DK it's my favourite Miller work. I'd really love for this flick to be on the same level of quality as Sin City!

On another Miller tangent, Frank has been in town quite a lot the past couple of years as he has been working with Robert Rodriguez at his (Robert's) studio out at the old airport filming all three Sin City's. 2 and 3 were filmed at the same time and my company supplied some of the material that was used in production. I asked the guy who works for Robert if Jessica Alba is as beautiful in person as she is on the small or big screen and he said she was more so. He told me to be ready to be blown away by the next two installments. Personally I can't wait. laugh.gif

Robert has total respect for Frank's vision of what the films should look like, so Frank is a huge part of the end product that gets put onto the screen. He has come a long way since his RoboCop days.

Scott

not that I am the disbelieving type, but AFAIK, Miller is still writing sin city 2, and they wanted to wait for Angelina Jolie to get back in shape to play Ava for it. This is what all the geek film sites have been reporting. So if they have indeed filmed 2 and 3, it was done with incredible stealth.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060313l.php

has the last published report on the progress, saying it was on hold for now.

not that I am the disbelieving type, but AFAIK, Miller is still writing sin city 2, and they wanted to wait for Angelina Jolie to get back in shape to play Ava for it. This is what all the geek film sites have been reporting. So if they have indeed filmed 2 and 3, it was done with incredible stealth.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060313l.php

has the last published report on the progress, saying it was on hold for now.

I can honestly say that I have not followed it all that much and just had Robert's employee's word on how production was going. If it was placed on hold I honestly did not know. We have supplied materials for all the Spy Kids films and for the first Sin City and was told the material being purchased was for 2 and 3 which were being filmed at the same time to save on costs. Thanks for heads up as I have not dealt with his production company for several months now, which would be a good indicator that it is indeed on hold.

Scott

According to IMDB, Sin City 2 is in pre-production. Only Michael Madsen and Powers Booth are confirmed to be attached, with Angelina Jolie "rumored" to be attached to play Ava.

My better-than-IMDB sources show the following attached...

Mickey Rourke

Brittany Murphy

James 'Jaime' King

Clive Owen

Angelina Jolie

But i can't remember now who lived or died inthe first one. confused-smiley-013.gif

My better-than-IMDB sources show the following attached...

Mickey Rourke

Brittany Murphy

James 'Jaime' King

Clive Owen

Angelina Jolie

But i can't remember now who lived or died inthe first one. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think that would preclude them from appearing in Sin City 2. I think I read that events in SC2 wouldn't necessarily take place after those in SC1.