• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books Scheduled For Grading over 3 weeks
2 2

31 posts in this topic

Whelp, the comic that was in the hands of CGC on July 31st, and paid fast track, and at that time was a turn around time of 10-days, no pressing, just today Oct 3rd showed up at my door step.... good luck to everyone that is still waiting....

• Administrator
On 10/2/2024 at 10:18 AM, LazyEyeComics said:

Also the books were inputted incorrectly by your team, the first 4 were D23 Expo Edition A and the last 4 were D23 Expo Edition B. Right now they all say D23 Expo Edition A. Would hate to wait twice the amount of time that I’m supposed to just for them to have the incorrect labels.

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. I have contacted our grading team to have this pulled for review. 

Regards, 

On 10/4/2024 at 8:06 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. I have contacted our grading team to have this pulled for review. 

Regards, 

Thanks. Been waiting quite a while and want to have to send these back because of an error on CGC’s part.

On 10/4/2024 at 11:06 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

Regards, 

Thanks for getting it updated. I understand the office was closed wednesday and thursday due to the hurricane, but any update on submission 4486222? Received by your facility on 8/28 when TAT was 15 days prior to hurricane closures or onsite grading. now sitting on the 27th business day accounting for labor day and 3 days of hurricane closures. Just frustrating seeing people receive items from your in house Private Signings and conventions that took place after I submitted. Just trying to get some clarification or insight to when I can expect books that were submitted and received almost two months ago. 

My first submission went fine. 15(21) days turnaround and right on schedule. Received on August 13th 2024 and shipped on September 4th 2024. Next batch was received September 5th 2024 with 15(21) days TAT. Shortly thereafter, I noticed that go up incrementally to 30(42) days TAT. I understand that there was a major Hurricane, but we are well past the 21 days I expected the books to returned in. As of last check, they are in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging, 40 days after the date received. When I submit, I have to submit things in a very meticulously laid out process and must adhere to guidelines like matching the order of the books on the invoice, etc. or there will be a delay in my books being graded. Apparently the grading company does not have such strict regulations about how they operate, which has left a very bad taste in my mouth. And to make matters worse, I found that a number of my first batch have "Banana'd", and I don't know what to do about it. I'll spend some time on the boards and see if I can figure what(if anything) can be done. I was planning on dropping off a large number of books at NYCC because it's relatively easy to just drop off because I'll be there anyway- at this point, I might not even bother submitting anymore because the whole thing seems to be a big hassle, and there is a risk of my books being severely damaged while being graded and encapsulated. This is what made me stop pre-Covid- changing TAT and Newton rings. I had hoped it would be better now, but I guess it is what it is.

• Administrator

Hello All! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. I have been without power and internet since my last reply on Wednesday. Power is back but still no internet (running off a hotspot). :lightning:

@lazyeyecomics

Great news! This submission was finished through QC today and should be moving to shipping very shortly. Thanks again for your patience. 

• Administrator
On 10/12/2024 at 12:37 AM, Nintendo Power said:

I sent a magazine in for pressing and grading...  submission # 4475032.... it was received 8/07/24....  was told its still at pressing, I'm a first time user of CGC and I'm not getting a very good first impression....  

Unfortunately, this is the best update we can give at this time. Unfortunately, some books do take multiple runs through the pressing procedures to ensure they are their best before going to grading. Because of this, the turnaround times for pressing are estimates. Thanks for your patience. Rest assured this still is in process.

Regards,

• Administrator
On 10/14/2024 at 9:03 AM, JeffreyShawn said:

My first submission went fine. 15(21) days turnaround and right on schedule. Received on August 13th 2024 and shipped on September 4th 2024. Next batch was received September 5th 2024 with 15(21) days TAT. Shortly thereafter, I noticed that go up incrementally to 30(42) days TAT. I understand that there was a major Hurricane, but we are well past the 21 days I expected the books to returned in. As of last check, they are in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging, 40 days after the date received. When I submit, I have to submit things in a very meticulously laid out process and must adhere to guidelines like matching the order of the books on the invoice, etc. or there will be a delay in my books being graded. Apparently the grading company does not have such strict regulations about how they operate, which has left a very bad taste in my mouth. And to make matters worse, I found that a number of my first batch have "Banana'd", and I don't know what to do about it. I'll spend some time on the boards and see if I can figure what(if anything) can be done. I was planning on dropping off a large number of books at NYCC because it's relatively easy to just drop off because I'll be there anyway- at this point, I might not even bother submitting anymore because the whole thing seems to be a big hassle, and there is a risk of my books being severely damaged while being graded and encapsulated. This is what made me stop pre-Covid- changing TAT and Newton rings. I had hoped it would be better now, but I guess it is what it is.

Hey @jeffreyshawn,

I saw this is your first post on the boards to I had to approve it before you can continue to comment or make new posts. 

Thanks for your patience on these submissions. We know that turnaround times are important to our customers and we are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while still maintaining our high-quality standards. Unfortunately with the two Hurricanes the caused our offices to close in recent weeks all submissions in house experiences a delay in processing. While we do our best to follow our estimated turnaround times, these unfortunately, are affected when our offices are closed, when we have staff out of office for on site grading or when there is a delay for a specific encapsulation piece/part.  We want to thank you and everyone's patience regarding these turnaround times right now. 

As for any issues with your holders, please email me at sevice@cgccomics.com with images of the books with their label visible and explain the issue so we can review this with our team in house. 

Looking forward to assisting you! 

On 10/14/2024 at 1:52 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello All! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. I have been without power and internet since my last reply on Wednesday. Power is back but still no internet (running off a hotspot). :lightning:

@lazyeyecomics

Great news! This submission was finished through QC today and should be moving to shipping very shortly. Thanks again for your patience. 

any estimation on when it will ship? sorry for pestering, just going on two months with the books in CGC's possession and twice the amount of estimated turnaround time. Just putting an extremely bad taste in my mouth especially when I could've done on site grading. 

• Administrator
On 10/15/2024 at 7:56 AM, LazyEyeComics said:

any estimation on when it will ship? sorry for pestering, just going on two months with the books in CGC's possession and twice the amount of estimated turnaround time. Just putting an extremely bad taste in my mouth especially when I could've done on site grading. 

This submission shipped out this morning. For your tracking information, please check your submission tracking page HERE