• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Labels on outside of slab
1 1

9 posts in this topic

There was a time it was like this.

Can contact CGC customer service for specific dates.

I believe it was prior to 2020 and 2021. 

The first several years of cgc had them on the outside. I'm not sure what year they changed over to internal labels. It's been well over a decade now I believe. 

That said - there is nothing to be concerned about with the pictures you showed. 

@ExNihilo I added more pictures, sorry about that.

Thank you guys for your reply’s and taking your time to answer!  There were a couple of things on this slab that threw me off.  I have books prior to 2021 and after 2021 that don’t have that label out there like that, so it’s just different.  Hopefully everyone is safe and when the storm passes I will reach out to them and see what they say.

On 10/9/2024 at 5:47 PM, ccostilla361 said:

I will reach out to them and see what they say

Is there something with the slab that still bothers you?  I have many like yours with the top sticker.  One of the biggest problems is that it can peel off over time.

@Yorick well there was damage on the corner of the slab like it had been dropped, scuffing, and the silver cgc sticker wasn’t center and hangs past the label. It looks like the more I look into it there are books with that cgc sticker hanging past the label as well so maybe it could have been the time.  I honestly never seen that i guess I'm used to that label being in the interior and that cgc sticker being centered on the right hand side of the label.  It looked off and then with the scuffing added to it, the paranoia kicked in.

On 10/11/2024 at 11:02 PM, ccostilla361 said:

@Yorick well there was damage on the corner of the slab like it had been dropped, scuffing, and the silver cgc sticker wasn’t center and hangs past the label. It looks like the more I look into it there are books with that cgc sticker hanging past the label as well so maybe it could have been the time.  I honestly never seen that i guess I'm used to that label being in the interior and that cgc sticker being centered on the right hand side of the label.  It looked off and then with the scuffing added to it, the paranoia kicked in.

I've never liked when CGC puts traditional sized comicbooks into the magazine slabs.  The magazine slabs always make it look funky.  They must have had a reason to do that though....