• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warped Inner Wells on Magazines are happening - 2024
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I posted these in the other warped inner well thread thats up to 100+ pages and someone suggested I start a new thread because this has to do with Magazines.

I sent in 2 small orders, 8 Vintage and 7 Modern after the CGC acknowledgment announcement of the warped inner wells. I didnt see anything come up about magazines so I thought they would be fine. All of them came back with warped inner wells. Some are worse than others. Luckily the spines are a little more rigid than a comic book so they held up... for now. There is no telling what they will look like in a month or longer after being under constant pressure. Picture a box of bagged and boarded comics or magazines that isn't full and they begin to lean and over time they banana. The warping does cause some of the magazines to buckle under the pressure on the tops and top right corner. I guess thats the path of least resistance.

These batches were accepted st the facility 9/16 and have certs beginning in 4493.

IMG_9177.JPG

IMG_9176.JPG

IMG_9175.JPG

IMG_9174.JPG

IMG_9173.JPG

IMG_9172.JPG

IMG_9171.JPG

IMG_9170.JPG

IMG_9169.JPG

IMG_9168.JPG

IMG_9167.JPG

IMG_9166.JPG

IMG_9165.JPG

IMG_9164.JPG

IMG_9163.JPG

Edited by Calm-Mix

On 10/15/2024 at 2:07 PM, 0r0d said:

Maybe people who slab magazines dont care if they're bent and turned into bananas in the slabs.  <shrugs>

Magazines require even more TLC than Comics yet not a peep from those who collect them...It is odd.

Mag collectors are you just as sickened and disgusted as the rest of us or still in denial stage?

Edited by MAY1979

On 10/15/2024 at 8:47 PM, MAY1979 said:

Mag collectors are you just as sickened and disgusted as the rest of us or still in denial stage?

I would certainly be upset if I ever subbed any mags. 95% of mine are raw and the ones I do have slabbed are the much older versions, before this issue started. :sumo:

On 10/15/2024 at 8:47 PM, MAY1979 said:

Magazines require even more TLC than Comics yet not a peep from those who collect them...It is odd.

The recent magazines I've received do not have the bending issue.