• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Question

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out how this got a 2.0????  It's restored, yes, but..... it has an "apparent" grade that is much higher than 2.0.

Please look at these photos and explain how this is a 2.0.  

There are no spine splits, in fact the spine is pretty nice.  Some smallish creases, but nothing enormous.  Staples are good with no tearing.  A piece was married to the lower right corner and there's a tiny amount of CT.  So.... 2.0???

I'm just trying to understand.  My thought was 4.0-4.5.  

In my mind a 2.0 is a BAD looking comic, this is not a bad looking comic.  I hate to complain but I don't see how 3 graders could look at this and see 2.0.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @gadzukes,

Unfortunately, there is no further information we can offer you into the insight of this grade other than what is posted on the book and on the certification look up page. We can confirm this book was reviewed by multiple graders and confirmed this final grade. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. If you would like this to be reviewed, it would need to be resubmitted through the paid grading service for review. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, 

On 10/8/2024 at 3:46 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello @gadzukes,

Unfortunately, there is no further information we can offer you into the insight of this grade other than what is posted on the book and on the certification look up page. We can confirm this book was reviewed by multiple graders and confirmed this final grade. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. If you would like this to be reviewed, it would need to be resubmitted through the paid grading service for review. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, 

Wouldn't that cost another $85?  Or do you have a "review" price?