• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC All In/Absolute
1 1

62 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2024 at 10:22 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'm sure this is a well-done story and the art looks cool. But...it's kind of depressing when the Big Two just do new iterations of their old properties every 6 months. How about creating a NEW character? A poor working class schlub who decides that Batman doesn't go far enough and has to build his whole costume and arsenal from scratch? And...it's not secretly Dick Grayson, or some already established character? Maybe it's a black guy who is tired of Batman seemingly only focused on street crime afflicting white neighborhoods? I dunno. Try something new.

No money in it for creators. The last writer creating new characters that I can think of was James Tynion. If you aren't going to see any extra money more than a couple hundred bucks per page why not save your own cool characters for creator-owned stories where you maintain control the rights and make money off of it. The big two need to start giving ownership in characters to creators and we'd see better stories.