• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading shenanigans at CGC?
9 9

387 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 10/22/2024 at 4:15 PM, ExNihilo said:

Because we're getting everything filtered through Mike.  Mike is in turn probably getting some summarized answer from another department who is getting it from another person, who is probably getting it from the "senior grader".  None of which is getting passed through a PR team (because let's face it, QC doesn't exist at CGC, nor should we believe PR does).

Any statement I post has been issued to me directly from upper management.  This is after the team discusses  it, which can take days.  So, a PR team does exist.

On 10/22/2024 at 4:15 PM, ExNihilo said:

Because we're getting everything filtered through Mike.  Mike is in turn probably getting some summarized answer from another department who is getting it from another person, who is probably getting it from the "senior grader".  None of which is getting passed through a PR team (because let's face it, QC doesn't exist at CGC, nor should we believe PR does).

I will say this.  Many of you have been around long enough that you should be able to tell the difference between Mike posting as "Mike" and Mike posting what has been handed down for him to say as part of his job.  This was evident in the Hero Restoration case, the problems with the buckling of the slabs thread and even here. 

For the NY based sports fans, I will let Mike Francesa explain it... 

97lvfo.thumb.jpg.55bf5387368eabbbe9a4380fb066f898.jpg

On 10/22/2024 at 5:43 PM, Buzzetta said:

I will say this.  Many of you have been around long enough that you should be able to tell the difference between Mike posting as "Mike" and Mike posting what has been handed down for him to say as part of his job.  This was evident in the Hero Restoration case, the problems with the buckling of the slabs thread and even here.

I guess my post was partially out of frustration at the never ending slew of issues that have been occurring at CGC the last few years.  When Mike says CGC has hired a new QC person and then these simple QC issues persist, it's hard to take whatever is getting passed down from CGC at face value.  When Mike says the slabbing issue (which isn't an issue) has been resolved and people still get bent books back, I'm skeptical.

On 10/22/2024 at 7:30 PM, DanJD said:

Two of these are already listed for auction on Comiclink…

*Correction-almost all of them are.

That "9.9" Dazzler is ugly. 

Someone gets a magical submission back and they all go straight to auction. Nothing to see folks, carry on.

I hate to even think it, but maybe someone has invented a better way of micro-trimming? I can't imagine it getting past graders, but, wait, yes I can.