• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC's idea of a 9.8??

24 posts in this topic

Per overstreet Grading Guide a 9.8 page 56 can have bindery light tear, light spine stress line , and a tiny color flecks. How far off is the overstreet grading guide in terms of CGC reality. If I only have one of any of the above my books come back maybe a 9.6, Can someone describe the 9.8 standards per cgc (in your opinion) since I don't feel the overstreet guide is relevant anymore. Anyone feel the same way in regards to the guide. In getting grader notes anymore it seems that they don't allow any of the overstreet defects per the 9.8 definitions . Thanks.

If I only have one of any of the above my books come back maybe a 9.6

If your books truly had nothing more than a single light spine stress...they would be coming back 9.8/9.9

I've seen plently of 9.8s with a single color-breaking spine stress. confused-smiley-013.gif

If your books truly had nothing more than a single light spine stress...they would be coming back 9.8/9.9

You don't really believe that, do you?

Okay....maybe not 9.9 juggle.gif

No, I meant that you *actually* believe that 100% of the comics that qualify for a CGC 9.8-9.9 grade receive it?

If so, you're pretty naive as to how professional grading actually works.

You don't really believe that, do you?

Okay....maybe not 9.9 juggle.gif

No, I meant that you *actually* believe that 100% of the comics that qualify for a CGC 9.8-9.9 grade receive it?

Enlighten me. popcorn.gif

Enlighten me. popcorn.gif

This should be an interesting conspiracy theory. popcorn.gif

This should be an interesting conspiracy theory. popcorn.gif

Ever notice that the geeks like to pull out the old "conspiracy theory" strawman everytime they read something they don't like?

I remember hearing bozos scream "conspiracy theory" when Ewert was being slammed for cleaning and pressing, and then later, for trimming. Don't believe me? Go look it up, and it's ALWAYS the same people... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now as for the subject at hand, it cannot be a conspiracy theory if it's been uncovered at the major grading companies, now can it? 27_laughing.gif

It's just good business.

1044716-curve.jpg

1044716-curve.jpg.e4bdeb5cdbb68081852a4376760c1279.jpg

So "negative hype = truth" in your strange little world? Interesting... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope. Forgive me if I assume you are about to spout some fantastic theory about CGC grading. One with no actual hard evidence to back it up. But you painted yourself into that corner along time ago with the way you post.

And we're still waiting for you to expound on your theory as to why 9.8s don't necessarily get a 9.8 at CGC. popcorn.gif

So you're saying that it's not true that (as reported elsewhere) the comics are blindly graded, with CGC graders not aware of who the submitter is?
That is true.
popcorn.gif