• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics New HG & Key Golden Age E-bay Listings

23 posts in this topic

I took advantage of E-bays $0.10 listings as well today. I posted some major HG and key GA books.

The listings are of:

Green Lantern #1 (1941) CGC 9.0 - Tied for highest certified copy.

All Flash Comics #1 (1941) CGC 8.0 - Priced lower than Guide!

Superman #48 (1947) CGC 9.4 - Toledo pedigree, tied for highest certified copy.

World's Finest #2 (1941) CGC 8.0 - Highest certified copy. Priced lower than Guide!

Mad #17 (1954) CGC 9.6 - Gaines File copy, second highest certified copy.

World's Finest #19 (1945) CGC 8.0 - Priced lower than Guide!

Wambi, Jungle Boy #5 (1949) CGC 9.4 - Mile High/Church copy.

Please check them out (and buy of course!). Free shipping and insurance on all but the last two books. 893applaud-thumb.gif

EsquireComics Current E-bay Auctions

You will probably be able to sell the sub $1000 comics. The high dollars stuff(GL 1 for example) will probably not move. Ebayers are notoriously cheap. Also, your low feedback, will not attract normal ebay buyers. Those board members who know of you on the other hand...Well, I am kinda surprised the GL 1 doesn't have any bids at all. Not even thrill bids.

You will probably be able to sell the sub $1000 comics. The high dollars stuff(GL 1 for example) will probably not move. Ebayers are notoriously cheap. Also, your low feedback, will not attract normal ebay buyers. Those board members who know of you on the other hand...Well, I am kinda surprised the GL 1 doesn't have any bids at all. Not even thrill bids.

I so know that. E-bay is terrible for high end items. I was SHOCKED when I sold the Superman #2 for $15,500 through E-bay. But as it was only $0.10 to list even a reserve item, nothing to lose! Good publicity at least. Can't do much about the feedback until more people buy!!!! But I do have "bio" info through that ME function so people can check me out.

the g lanern will definetly not sale at that price.... thats a heritage/ comic link price... not a ebay price..but hey its 10 cwnt listing day. so not much loss to you. good luck they are all great books

I harbor no illusions concerning the likelihood this book will sell on e-bay at this price. It is certainly possible on the right day with the right buyer, but e-bay is not a good market for this high a price (which I think is fair, it is just at guide). But, as you note, $0.10 listing day. The publicity for people just looking at that book and then checking out my other auctions or website is well worth it.

And if, holy cow, it sells, fantastic! I never thought my Superman #2 CGC 8.0 would sell on E-bay for $15,500. I posted it simply for the publicity. Yet someone, not accustomed to buying on E-bay just happened to see it and decide "I want it".

Is that the same Mad #1 that was sold on Heritage for $28,000 just awhile back? I was so wishing I had the dough for that one. Did pick up a #22 9.2 for $375 though.

Probably. It was $32k with the BP. There is another CGC 9.8 copy up for sale in the next Heritage auction, as well as a CGC 9.6!!! It will be very interesting to see how much those go for.

When I bought mine there was a reserve and I simply hit it, as far as I recall. Not sure if there are reserves on these two.

Is that the same Mad #1 that was sold on Heritage for $28,000 just awhile back? I was so wishing I had the dough for that one. Did pick up a #22 9.2 for $375 though.

Probably. It was $32k with the BP. There is another CGC 9.8 copy up for sale in the next Heritage auction, as well as a CGC 9.6!!! It will be very interesting to see how much those go for.

Very likely will be DNMR.

Very likely will be DNMR.

Could be. Maybe I should just buy them all and corner the market!