• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone should buy this Action #24...

29 posts in this topic

I like the cover, confused-smiley-013.gif it's a classic "Supes to the rescue" cover with Joe Shuster art...

always wondered though, is the girl passed out ? or is the guy roughing her up ?? what's that metal thing in the corner ? and what does it do ? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm only buying war covers, so it's not in my focus, but this Action #24 has been listed on eBay several times with no takers. Looks VERY nice for a 4.0. Just thought some of you might want a heads up...

Action Comics #24

Does it have a 1.5 inch spine split at the top?

Yes, I also noticed this extended spine split and believe this is why the book was graded so low given its otherwise nice appearance. Also believe this book would have sold easily except for this rather bothersome defect.

...well, if you're talking VGs, there has to be SOMETHING wrong with the book. I don't view spine splits as any worse than other defects that would mark it down. My gut is still the agressive pricing on it. Auction items often do alot better with a low starting bid- get some interest going, let the price creep up.

A spine split like that wouldn't bother me too much, especially in a book graded 4.0. What I like is how clean it is, and the strong color.

The price is a litle over guide, but not much. Opening bid is just $50 over guide. And this seller is never in a hurry to move books. He's happy to wait for a customer willing to pay his price.

...well, if you're talking VGs, there has to be SOMETHING wrong with the book. I don't view spine splits as any worse than other defects that would mark it down. My gut is still the agressive pricing on it. Auction items often do alot better with a low starting bid- get some interest going, let the price creep up.

Don't know what you mean by agreesive pricing since the book is only starting at <$50 over guide or a measly 8% premium to condition guide. To me, agressive pricing usually means something like 200% or 300% premium (or even more) to guide which some collectors are more than willing to pay for more recent HG common books.

Nothing wrong with a nice looking GA book starting and possibly ending with only a 8% premium to guide. As for me, I guess the spine split bothers me more than something equivalent on the back cover which would be less intrusive from my point of view.

The price is a litle over guide, but not much. Opening bid is just $50 over guide. And this seller is never in a hurry to move books. He's happy to wait for a customer willing to pay his price.

I more meant that there's a method to getting the best price in auction. Start low, get the bidding going. Once someone is into the auction, it becomes easier for them to say- "well, another $x won't kill me, and I want the book."

Don't know what you mean by agreesive pricing since the book is only starting at <$50 over guide or a measly 8% premium to condition guide. To me, agressive pricing usually means something like 200% or 300% premium (or even more) to guide which some collectors are more than willing to pay for more recent HG common books.

Nothing wrong with a nice looking GA book starting and possibly ending with only a 8% premium to guide. As for me, I guess the spine split bothers me more than something equivalent on the back cover which would be less intrusive from my point of view.

Some folks don't like extensive spine splits because there is always a chance that it becomes a Fair, cover-detached book. It's not a book that you can handle and read.

Some folks don't like extensive spine splits because there is always a chance that it becomes a Fair, cover-detached book. It's not a book that you can handle and read.

well being slabbed, you can't read it anyway! poke2.gif

As a collector of VG books, the split here would not bother me at all. I'd rather have this type of defect than something that effects the FC.