• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Better Not Have Invested in These Issues

16 posts in this topic

koch is a nice guy, but he doesn't run his auctions in a way to maximize his profits or even his revenue, which i don't mind because over the years I've cleaned him out of a few books where he was running multiple auctions of the same item and competing against himself.

maybe these are scarce because all of them have been sitting in his warehouse for 25 years?

Isn't Super Goof __ the one that really goes for big money?

hey, we're only talking about 200 or so copies of each issue. I'm sure the market for Chip 'n Dale comics is strong enough that those can easily be sold for guide! laugh.gif

Could he possibly have much more beyond the four 50 packs? (I see he has a few individuals for sale) How many of these things could he have possible bought? At $499 each that's really $10 a set (of course, he's selling them for less than that individually, which doesn't make sense...)

If you were looking to corner the market, for a mere $2000 +/- you could sell a three-pack a week for the next 5-10 years and I'm sure you can make some money. Wait a sec, are there actually 200 people who care about the scarcity of these things? In my experience, there are a lot of people who like to buy these sorts of Disney books, but they also tend to be people who don't like to pay more than $3 - $7 a comic.

Perhaps it's the selling them over the next 5-10 years that led Joe to want to unload them all at once. I'm surprised Mile High didn't buy these first. They're exactly the sort of thing Mile High would take the slow patient approach with.

did i miss anything? there are four 50 packs and some individuals are for sale.

how many of these things could he possibly have? what maniac would have bought more!!??!?!?

needless to say, i dodn't invest in these, although i did fish a couple of early 80s whitman funny books out of a dollar bin recently.

I think you're reading it wrong, It's "Daisy & Donald 50" not 50 copies:

"Thisis an INVESTORS BREAK OUT LOT

You are bidding on 100 copies of ...

WHITMAN 3 PACK MICKEY MOUSE 212, Daisy & Donald

50+$3000"

"Sealed case 100 packs In original printed Whitman wrapping"

Four listings of 100 copies of the 3-pack, plus a few singles...

ok, i got confused on the figures, sorry. 200, 300, 400...why on earth?? and why is he busting them out now? is the avalanche of wonder really so vast that he forgets about the equivalent of what, 6 long boxes of stuff? with the junk he actually does have for sale, you'd think he would have been pushing these all along. Actually, he probably bought them for a nickel a pack back in the 80s whenever whitman stopped selling comics. They probably closed out their warehouse or something.

I did get a bunch of nice copies of the Marvel Sepcial Edition (1st MKF, I forget the #) from him a while back. I think $7.99 each. He seems to be out of them now. Most of them were at least a nice VF/NM. That's probably what they're worth, but that book could become interesting if they figure out a way to bring him back and it sticks.

That's probably what they're worth, but that book could become interesting if they figure out a way to bring him back and it sticks.

Nah, as I think Pandorn effectively killed any future demand for that book.

I went to his warehouse sale last year in Brooklyn. Met DAM60 and Delekkereste there as well...

and, it was a load of [embarrassing lack of self control]. the guy cordoned off entire areas of his warehouse and we were left to wander about a dozen dark aisles of nothing too special and about a set up of .50 bins. I guess he saves the 'good stuff' for his ebay auctions because there certainly wasn't much to speak of at this 'blowout sale, tell your friends and neighbors' event.

There are some rare Whitman prepacks - don't let this crappy auction fool you.

Woody Woodpecker 191 is the rarest of these Whitmans. Supposedly there only exists ~25 copies out there. Daffy Duck 130, Donald Duck 222, Scrooge 179, Daisy and Donald 47, Huey Dewey and Louie 65, and some others have a pretty strong market value in HG.