• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me grade Sensation 90 please!

58 posts in this topic

and?

It wants to come east! It wants to go to the Cradle of the Confederacy! Where men are men and wimmen know their place!

actually, I really do want one, if you're interested in selling.

It does! Hot all-girl action! Well, as hot as a 1949 DC comic can be, I suppose.

I want it because it is staggeringly cheesy. Just wonderfully bad. Leonard Pynth Garnell bad.

Well, I'm still interested.

No kidding? You're as bad as I am! On this forum, only high grade is allowed to be interesting, you know. You might lose your membership!

Let me think about it, Donut. I had only planned to sell one comic, but that doesn't mean anything. I'll ponder it (and probably sell). Got a price in mind? (now that I've turned the grading area into the marketplace -- sheesh! Next thing you know Joe Collector is going to come in here and accuse me of spamming).

-- Joanna

Joanna, thank you for the offer of a copy of the -script. If I win this book, it's something I would really treasure. Ummmm....maybe you could sign it? I know it'll make it a "Qualified" copy, but I won't ever sell it so I wouldn't mind.

Greggy, be carefull on the $149.99 bid, 'cause I just may have rounded out my top bid to the nearest dollar. grin.gif

Greggy, be carefull on the $149.99 bid, 'cause I just may have rounded out my top bid to the nearest dollar

Don't worry, I usually make some allowances when I make a punishment bid! tongue.gif

If we were true gentlemen, we'd buy the book from Joanna then sell it back to her later at the same price...

As much as I appreciate the lovely thought, I would ask no such thing. Once I decide to sell something, I'm fine with it. Comics are, after all, mass produced items. Some time down the road, when all these financial woes are over, I can go out again and begin the hunt. I think you'll all agree that that part of comic buying is actually rather fun. Chasing down issues, and completing collections is part of the game.

When I bought my books originally, there was no ebay, so there was a great deal of legwork involved. Now it's much simpler.

I also live in Los Angeles -- not only are there a lot of comic shops, but it's right next door to the San Diego con (a source of many of my GA comics).

So no worries on this auction.

-- Joanna

I think you'll all agree that that part of comic buying is actually rather fun. Chasing down issues, and completing collections is part of the game.

Too true. It's definately more about the "hunt" for me. It's great to track down those one or two issues you need to complete an arc, running from one side of a convention to the other trying to compare the same book from two dealers, remembering the positives/negatives of each before coming to that pentultimate moment of truth!

I think that's why I don't but too much stuff on eBay. You can find almost any book you want (as long as you're willing to pay for it). I much prefer finding the issues myself by digging thru longbox after longbox.

Chris