• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonBall Z......??

38 posts in this topic

Has anyone here on the board familiar with the DragonBall Z world and comics. Were they release at all here in North America and if so where could one look for back issues. I heard that 20th Century Fox has the rights to release a Movie in the near future. Can anyone shed any light on the "pulp" material end of it.....

smirk.gifconfused.giflaugh.gif

OK, I've pretty much had enough with the negativity here.

Go find a 7 year old boy.

Any one will do.

Ask him what HE thinks is cool.

Then come back to me and slam Dragonball Z, Yu-gi-oh, Tsunami and X-Men Evolution.

mad.gif

"Care Bears RULE"

Actually, you're wrong! And this is a common belief that they care, but they don't! I've heard it right from their own mouths, "on the record, it's in our CONTRACT to CARE, but off the record (and don't quote me on this), personally, I don't give a flying rat's ________". NICE, huh? The Care Bears most certainly DO NOT care.

I have sent young relatives copies of ASM, USM, Avengers etc but they get tossed aside in favour of Dragonball Z comics

Good stuff blowout. I was giving my ex's 8 year old brother USM for a while, but when we broke up, the comic train stopped. Hopefully, I did enough damage in that time period to make him a fan for life. smile.gif

Keep up the good fight.

>>Then come back to me and slam Dragonball Z, Yu-gi-oh, Tsunami and X-Men Evolution.

WTF are you talking about?????

If you bothered to read the thread instead of jumping in like Banner, you'd see I was slamming....

THE CAREBEARS!!!

Maybe you oughta check out the classes I recommended to Clobber.

ive seen the dragonball and dragonball z comics at the local shop, although i havent checked them out. I am a big fan of DBZ and DBGT cartoons, although the old school dragonball is not as apealing. hard to say if the books would be too good as they are probably watered down like the US cartoon (network) versions. my advice is to get an original japanese set with english subs. usually the bootleg copies are for sale on ebay, just make sure you get the right format for you (VHS,DVD or VCD) and watch them as they are meant to be seen, with all the violence, gore, and attitude. there have already been about 13 movies as well. usually you can get these in the set. the comics might be worth a peak but as Dragonball is on the downward slope in popularity here (both the dragonball series and the dragonball z series have pretty much run the course on cartoon network. all that remains to be aired is the 64 part dragonball GT series) i would guess that the speculative value based on a movie or what not is meager. also the US versions are kind of stilted. there is no real brutal violence or total evil in the us versions so the altruistic goody good attitude of Goku and some of the other characters can be a bit too much as there is little or no balance for it. in other words, the US versions can be a bit sickly sweet at times. so the book may be a bit more like carebears than anyone knows.

Bite me! grin.gif REad the thread? WTF for? I just feel like SLAMMING somebody today, and the Hitler Youth upstairs are just out for the day. Grrrrr.

But I liked the Care Bears. Although people are right - when they were off work, they were the We Don't Give a [!@#%^&^] Bears and were busy trying to score babes. I think they were boinking My Pretty Pony.