• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battlestar Galactica

589 posts in this topic

Though like most fans of the original I was skeptical when the new BG first started I have liked the direction this one has gone. More of the human drama angle than the "cowboys in space" idea of the original. I've liked the new Starbuck character and really liked the Sharon characters *drool*. As far as Helio...I think he will probably stick around for a bit more since you now have the love triangle between the Chief, Sharon, and Helio. I want to see if Baltar is going to crack up all the way. Or if he is going to go over to the Cylons as in the original.

I linked to this website once before (Battlestar Wiki). It contains summaries and analyses of previous episodes as well as partial summaries of the next ten. Huge spoilers await. gossip.gif

Okay, you can call me fracking evil. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

You're fracking evil! 27_laughing.gif!

Naw, its all cool! Thanks for the link! stooges.gif

If they kill off Helo, I'm gonna be seriously annoyed. Possibly more than getting ripped off at ebay. lol

I'm surprised he's made it this far.

* He's served his purpose in the storyline by getting Boomer II united with the main crew (and pregnant)

* He's redundant to Apollo in the 'square-jawed fighter' role.

But, if you're an example of his fan base, maybe the producers will have no choice but to keep him around. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, I'll admit it. I'm a romantic at heart and I've never liked movies or tv shows where they build up a charater, let you get emotionally invested (in a sense) in that charater .............and they kill him/her off.

But, it's not simply a matter of who is the 'square-jawed fighter' good looking actor. There are LOTS of those on that show. And if the show stays on, there'll be lots more. As for storylines and his place in it, that is only as limited as the writers' abilities. To me the bottom line is that I like the character, and I've been rooting for him since they revealed that he was still alive on Caprica. I think it would pretty darned snotty of the show to bring him to safety (and I didn't think he was going to make it either) and then kill the dude off. Btw, I'll also be annoyed if they kill the chief.

Another btw, I was annoyed in a MAJOR way with West Wing when I thought they'd killed off Leo ........... And don't even get me started about how po'd I was when the show killed off Tasha Yar. lol So it's probably fair to say that I REEEAALY don't like it when shows kill off characters.

I'm a huge fan of the original series, so how much would I love or hate this new show? I've been living in Japan, in case you're wondering why I haven't seen it. I see that they made Starbuck a girl and they've got some hot blonde as a new form of Cylon? I may buy the DVDs, but not sure what I'll think yet.

to be honest sheradon, i hated the new miniseries as i was like how could they do this? I vowed never to watch it. One boring friday night towards the end of first season, i watched one and thought not too bad, then watched the finale the next week. To make a long story short, i bought the uk edition of first season, the m ini series (watched again). I got over the names and watched the whole thing from the beginning. Currently it ranks right behind 24 and Lost on my favorite shows. Just get over the names and you will be ok.

In all honesty, it blows away the original series by a factor of eleventy billion. The original series was ok when it came out, but, having seen it recently, it does not hold up years later. The new show is an outstanding science fiction show and is easily my favorite show on television right now.

I'm a huge fan of the original series, so how much would I love or hate this new show? I've been living in Japan, in case you're wondering why I haven't seen it. I see that they made Starbuck a girl and they've got some hot blonde as a new form of Cylon? I may buy the DVDs, but not sure what I'll think yet.

to be honest sheradon, i hated the new miniseries as i was like how could they do this? I vowed never to watch it. One boring friday night towards the end of first season, i watched one and thought not too bad, then watched the finale the next week. To make a long story short, i bought the uk edition of first season, the m ini series (watched again). I got over the names and watched the whole thing from the beginning. Currently it ranks right behind 24 and Lost on my favorite shows. Just get over the names and you will be ok.

I think I'm of the same mindset. I originally felt the same way about the mini-series and when I heard Starbuck was a girl and so on, I immediately hated it without really seeing it. I've heard enough people now though praise the show, that I have to atleast give it a shot and perhaps eat some crow in the near future. I think I tend to be a little stubborn when it comes to change though as I never liked any other version of Star Trek but the original series.

I'll have to buy the DVDs, maybe I'll test it by getting the mini-series first, then form an opinion from there. Thanks.

I think I'm of the same mindset. I originally felt the same way about the mini-series and when I heard Starbuck was a girl and so on, I immediately hated it without really seeing it. I've heard enough people now though praise the show, that I have to atleast give it a shot and perhaps eat some crow in the near future. I think I tend to be a little stubborn when it comes to change though as I never liked any other version of Star Trek but the original series.

I'll have to buy the DVDs, maybe I'll test it by getting the mini-series first, then form an opinion from there. Thanks.

I'd watch the mini-series and the first series episode (33 Minutes) before making a determination. The first episode really gives a great feel on where the series is going...not to mention it's one of the best first episodes of any series you will find...

Jim

Thanks, after hearing you guys talk about it, I'm kind of getting stoked about watching it. That's all I need is a third show to become addicted to right behind Smallville and Lost smile.gif

Get the first two seasons (and the 4 episode miniseries) on DVD and watch them immediately. If you're not able to record the current season's episodes, you can download the episodes from this season from iTunes the day after it airs.

Last night's episode WAS KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

In all honesty, it blows away the original series by a factor of eleventy billion. The original series was ok when it came out, but, having seen it recently, it does not hold up years later. The new show is an outstanding science fiction show and is easily my favorite show on television right now.

It's retarded to even compare the 2 shows like you are doing.

It's like comparing Space 1999 with Babylon 5..

The original BG was a great show back in the day. This BG is good now. Except for using the names and plot idea, the shows are two totally different entities. Viewers shouldn't compare the two shows with each other.

The original BG was a great show back in the day. This BG is good now. Except for using the names and plot idea, the shows are two totally different entities. Viewers shouldn't compare the two shows with each other.

Well, he asked how the new show measures up to the original and I gave him an honest answer. Personally, I think it's retarded to spend all day on a message board trolling people and engaging in graemlin wars, but to each his own, eh? poke2.gif

Well, he asked how the new show measures up to the original and I gave him an honest answer. Personally, I think it's retarded to spend all day on a message board trolling people and engaging in graemlin wars, but to each his own, eh? poke2.gif

sorry.gif

sorry.gif
sorry.gif

New episodes start 1/6! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So what's gonna happen? grin.gif

Somebody please bump the old thread by Deathlock(?) or just start posting here.

============================================================

I started a new thread since I can't find any threads with posts on them older than 30 days (12/1) now. Somebody know how to change one's setting to fix this? Search is basicly unless for me too. frown.gif

What new episodes are these? I guess you must be talking about the second half of Season 2.

I heard the first episodes of Season 2 are just starting up in Canada later today. Some big controversy with Universal having to pull the DVD set for the first part of Season 2 off the shelves since they have not aired in Canada yet. I still remember watching the first episode of Season 2 when I was down at the SD con last summer.