• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidden profanity cover

28 posts in this topic

Anyone know for sure....when I first heard about this cover about 20 years ago, the guy that told me about said the artist who drew the cover was let go because of the "prank".

Anyone?

And....who is the artist?

when you list on ebay does it automatically put the issue on ebay ca? I'm curious to why someone from us would list it on ca?

runningman was looking on Ebay.ca when he found this auction, so his link through ebay.ca. It has nothing to do with the seller. Ebay.ca shows any auction available to Canada.

Anyone know for sure....when I first heard about this cover about 20 years ago, the guy that told me about said the artist who drew the cover was let go because of the "prank".

Anyone?

And....who is the artist?

Marie Severin (Pencils)

John Verpoorten (Inks)

Was the profanity on all covers printed or was it caught and changed mid print?

Thanks for the info.

I wonder how this was first found out? If you look really close at the book it is pretty obscure. It looks obvious now that we know but before it just looks like grass. They must have leaked it out.

I had forgotten about this one since I don't follow Kazar, but I remember hearing about this back in the mid-late 70s.