• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta's for Sale

18 posts in this topic

Fascinating to note Frazetta's (apparent?) interest in Africa.

About the same time frame as this painting was completed, British artist Frank Bellamy (another 'Frank') was illustrating (full-colour painted art) a series entitled FRASER OF AFRICA, for Britain's EAGLE magazine. It appears that both Frazetta and Bellamy may even have used the same reference. Here's a part-scan of a Bellamy FRASER episode (from a lousy copy of a reprint of the strip):

jiyvsp.jpg

Even better in person!! I strongly recommend that everyone make at least one trip to the Museum, you won't be disappointed.

You've got that right....the place is awesome....gives you chills walking around looking at this stuff.....

Heritage had the piece in their Fine Art Auction in November and was available as a post-auction BIN of $120K. It is a magnificent piece (saw it in person in Dallas). The main issue I have with it is that it is not his classic subject matter. PS: The painting that Heritage has is NOT the same one shown in the Frazetta Museum photo. Frank painted a second one after he sold the first.

PS: The painting that Heritage has is NOT the same one shown in the Frazetta Museum photo. Frank painted a second one after he sold the first.

Right. Those are very different pieces.

Here is my Frazetta Masai, granted it's only 3x5 and done in pencil rather than oil....

FrazMasai.jpg

looks like that dude and the dude in the painting hanging in the museum went to the same place to get their shields.

seriously, you suck. nice frigging piece, to go with the hundreds of other nice pieces you have, you $(&@#*(&(@&@

do i sound jealous?

flowerred.gif