• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did everyone else get their Heritage catalog yesterday?

169 posts in this topic

The signature Auctions are there big showcase auctions that list the biggest of the big comicbooks.That where you will always see the Action 1s, Detective 27s and key Mile High Books.Key Silver high grade.Key art pieces ,key everything.

They are the only auctions I really look at.

This might be a dumb question - and it most cetainly sets the table for some smartazz answers 27_laughing.gif - but what's the difference between Heritage's "Amazing" auctions, their monthly (such as Jan 19-21) auctions, and their "Signature" auctions?

Those Signature auctions feature high end, cream of the crop books that are seldom found anywhere else, in large and seemingly never ending quantities. They're event auctions, whilst the Amazing auctions have lower end books, more raw items and less impressive material.

Look at the Crowley's. Those Reserves are outrageous. I don't think most of those Crowley's are going to sell. Heck, I am probably wrong.

Ditto for the Gaines File Copies. Most of the reserves are double what the current bid is at. I'd be surprised if more than 10% of them sold. screwy.gif

Those damn Crowley's spiking as high as they are really get my goat. I wonder if this means that Crowley copies are starting to get respect as a pedigree?

No, it means the owner doesn't really want to sell or has significantly over-estimated the market.

Look at the Crowley's. Those Reserves are outrageous. I don't think most of those Crowley's are going to sell. Heck, I am probably wrong.

Ditto for the Gaines File Copies. Most of the reserves are double what the current bid is at. I'd be surprised if more than 10% of them sold. screwy.gif

I'd be surprised if more than 0% of the Gaines copies are sold!

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those damn Crowley's spiking as high as they are really get my goat. I wonder if this means that Crowley copies are starting to get respect as a pedigree?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, it means the owner doesn't really want to sell or has significantly over-estimated the market.

An excerpt from my post in the Hughes thread I think you'll find relevant:

"Texas Hughes talks a big talk, but he buys a lot of stuff - once in a while, even with his own money. He actually bought a good-sized chunk of the Crowley Fawcetts (> $200,000) from the dealer that ended up with the collection. Texas Hughes then resold many to Geppi some time later. Many of these Crowleys are being offered in this January's Heritage auction. As mentioned above, Texas Hughes usually wants ridiculous sums for his high grade GA books, so expect that some of the better Crowleys being offered will have significant reserves."