• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Long Were You a Lurker Before You Decided To Join the Boards and Why?

39 posts in this topic

I never lurked. I posted the day I joined.

screwy.gif

I posted long before that. My first post was asking about Hulk/Thing battle issues. The archived posts don't go back to the time I joined. screwy.gif

sorry.gif

No lurking here either.

I arrived around the point that Bugaboo jumped the shark, and learned quickly that the best way to get accepted around here was to talk comics and make fun of Greggy thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif
yeahok.gif

screwy.gif

I posted long before that. My first post was asking about Hulk/Thing battle issues. The archived posts don't go back to the time I joined. screwy.gif

sorry.gif

flowerred.gif

screwy.gif

sorry.gif

flowerred.gif

hi.gif

No lurking here either.

I arrived around the point that Bugaboo jumped the shark, and learned quickly that the best way to get accepted around here was to talk comics and make fun of Greggy thumbsup2.gif

I joined just after Bug got banned, FWIW. I'd been lurking for about 2 months, going through a lot of the more interesting threads and picking up on the general vibe of the place, which IMO, was probably a good idea.

I joined when a thread that Osborn started about English marts mentioned me as one of the dealers, and I wanted to sound off about the English market. 'Cause of that, I never got the usual hazing ritual that some later Forumites got. smirk.gif

How Long Were You a Lurker Before You Decided To Join the Boards and Why?

Mere minutes.

I joined and posted on day one. cloud9.gif

. 'Cause of that, I never got the usual hazing ritual that some later Forumites got. smirk.gif

yeahok.gif

Apart from several select dorkettes, of course. tongue.gif

sorry.gif

. 'Cause of that, I never got the usual hazing ritual that some later Forumites got. smirk.gif

yeahok.gif

Apart from several select dorkettes, of course. tongue.gif

sorry.gif

Happy New Year, Greg and Lok!!! hi.gif

hi.gif

screwy.gif

sorry.gif

I remember that thread though. Classic. laugh.gif

i signed up and started displaying my noobness immediately. I figured that was the best way to get to know people. Has worked for the most part.

I lurked for about a year and a half before posting. Joined the boards at first because you need to be registered to "search". You quickly find out why you were reluctant to start posting when people welcome you here with: SHILL! SHILL! SHILL! flamed.gif

Most people here are great though! hi.gif