• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 51 HG Please Grade This Book

11 posts in this topic

Robert Beerbohm here going back to grading school. I will be posting a series of books over the next couple weeks in an effort to come up to speed on tightened grading standards coupled with having bought a few pairs of eye glass 2.75 magnification "cheaters" to augment waning 20/20 vision brought on by advancing years. Any help welcomed. http://www.BLBComics.com

Batman0051front.jpg

Batman0051back.jpg

Solid 7.5. GA chipping of that size is allowed by the OSGG up to 8.0. Check out the corner chip on the All-Select 1 on page 204. Pretty big. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do you think it would hit that high with the crease/scratch? across the comic? Look at the where the ring of keys are - it extends all the way down through Robins leg. I would grade it no higher then a 6.0 with something like thast and the rest of the defects.

Solid 7.5. GA chipping of that size is allowed by the OSGG up to 8.0. Check out the corner chip on the All-Select 1 on page 204. Pretty big. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do you think it would hit that high with the crease/scratch? across the comic? Look at the where the ring of keys are - it extends all the way down through Robins leg. I would grade it no higher then a 6.0 with something like thast and the rest of the defects.

Honestly, I assumed that was a printing defect as it doesn't appear to be a crease and true scratches are pretty rare. I guess we need more info. On second look though, there are tears on the bottom edge on the back. I didn't notice those the first time around, so I would revise my grade to 6.5/7.0.