• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR

If the Fantastic Four turned on eachother in a battle to the DEATH, who would be the LAST man(woman) standing?  

450 members have voted

1. 1. If the Fantastic Four turned on eachother in a battle to the DEATH, who would be the LAST man(woman) standing?

42 posts in this topic

In a battle "to the Death", the obvious answer would be the Thing, given his sheer strength. But, I voted for Mr. Fantastic for the following reason, his genius! He could easily create a device that could destroy the other three in the blink of an eye.

Whenever the FF battle one of their enemies, it is usually Reed's mind that saves the day (wether creating some invention, or playing Doom's ego against him, etc...). Reed always devises the plan to thwart the enemy, and it usually works! Collectively, I doubt that the rest of the FF could defeat Reed if he turned against them.

Chris

Doesn't the Torch have the ability to generate a "super-nova" blast of flame/heat? How would the Thing get his mits on the Torch (Flying ability and speed)?

The element of surprise, or first strike aside (sometimes the most important factor in the outcome of a fight) the Torch seems to me to be the clear cut choice. He can control his flame's path, and let's face it, how do you fight a flame thrower with brute strength alone if that flame is hell bent on incinerating you and the weilder has taken off the kid gloves. Think about it. A well zoned opening attack, out in the open, from above. An incessantly attacking flame weilding antagonist using a weapon that can attain super-nova temperatures? Are the Thing, Mr.F, and Sue fire-proof? If we're talking about a Human Torch making "flame lassos" and throwing them around the Thing, et al. to contain them, and then gets momentarily distracted when Sue yells, "JOHNNY and BEN, knock that off", then that's a different story. But, if we're talking about a Johnny Storm willing to pull out all the stops and incinerate his three team members, I'd bet the farm on the Torch.

Good points, Hammer. Yet, you fail to take into account the youth factor. The Torch could easily be goaded by someone of Stretcho's brilliance into making a fatal error. A few well timed verbal jabs could have the Torch erupt w/ the super-nova force you described, yet he is unable to generate this kind of atomic energy for any length of time. Knowing this, Reed would have inevitably created some sort of shielding mechanism to thwart the Torch's childish attack. Once his flame dies, Johnny Storm is just another ordinary teenager. Stretcho wins every time!

What if they were fighting in an oxygen depleated chamber? No oxygen, no "Flame-On!"

How's that for a "fanboy" analysis?

Chris

Honestly, everyone knows that Sue is the most powerful member of the FF and could take the others out without breaking a sweat..

All she would have to do is put a solid force field around each of them and remain invisible. Moments later, Johnny wouldn't have enough oxygen to flame on and both he and Reed would pass out from lack of oxygen. Ben would last a little longer (if he took a breath) but would suffer the same fate.

Although if she wanted a fast kill all she would need to do is put a force field around any of their major internal organs and they'd go quick.

Kev

"What if they were fighting in an oxygen depleated chamber? No oxygen, no "Flame-On!"

What do you think Sue can create? An "oxygen depleated chamber". I find it interesting that she has been left out of this discussion. Is it because she's a woman? IMO, Sue could take out ALL of them. Remember when the Hate Monger turned her against the rest of the FF? Come on guys, give credit where credit is due: The Invisible Girl is more powerful than Reed, Ben and Johnny combined.....

She could also hit them with her iron or a cooking utensil! shocked.gif

Seriously though, good points Beyonder. Plus, using her "feminine charms" she could pit the boys against one another and have them destroy themselves, just like in real life! smile.gif Change my vote to Sue!

Chris

Originally I thought Sue was the most powerful,but I voted for BEN GRIMM because folks it really is clobberintime in that presentation.He may not win but couldnt go against him.

TEARS FOR THOUGHT,

I never thought of PMS, Damn, Sue wins that easy.

Davidking623 frown.gif