• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your proudest modern book thread!

64 posts in this topic

stop posting about FF 60 please... goign WAAAAY off topic, start a new topic if you wanna talk about it!!!!

how is it off topic?

I don’t know, last time I check the topic was post your moderns, not “let’s discuss the current market value or how to acquire Fantastic Four 60 and why it is different and valuable”. I could be wrong though makepoint.gif ah well, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. 893censored-thumb.gif

stop posting about FF 60 please... goign WAAAAY off topic, start a new topic if you wanna talk about it!!!!

how is it off topic?

I don’t know, last time I check the topic was post your moderns, not “let’s discuss the current market value or how to acquire Fantastic Four 60 and why it is different and valuable”. I could be wrong though makepoint.gif ah well, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. 893censored-thumb.gif

So we can't discuss the books that we're posting? What's the point of posting them if we're not going to share info about them if people are interested?

how is it off topic?

So we can't discuss the books that we're posting? What's the point of posting them if we're not going to share info about them if people are interested?

Hey, I never said you can’t discuss about them, I was simply saying I could be wrong about the topic title. 893whatthe.gif

But I guess some could think that taking up 2 pages of one topic to discuss everything one need to know about a comic, and where people are visiting a topic NOT for the title but for a single comic, could, could just be a LITTLE BIT off topic. insane.gif but then again, hey, I could be wrong, not everyone is perfect right? shy.gif

Don’t throw this back at me though I’m just saying some people might think that way 27_laughing.gif

Now I'm going off topic makepoint.gif sorry smile.gif

how is it off topic?

Hey, I never said you can’t discuss about them, I was simply saying I could be wrong about the topic title. 893whatthe.gif

But I guess some could think that taking up 2 pages of one topic to discuss everything one need to know about a comic, and where people are visiting a topic NOT for the title but for a single comic, could, could just be a LITTLE BIT off topic. insane.gif but then again, hey, I could be wrong, not everyone is perfect right? shy.gif

Don’t throw this back at me though I’m just saying some people might think that way 27_laughing.gif

Now I'm going off topic makepoint.gif sorry smile.gif

sign-offtopic.gifyay.gif

how is it off topic?

Whatever. It seems perfectly normal to me and definitely on topic (we WERE discussing a "proudest" modern book- one that would be at the top of a lot of people's list I might add.) This has never been a place where people simply golf clap at the books that roll by. Thankfully, people want to exchange knowledge and doing so in the flow of a cool thread like this is exactly the way it SHOULD happen. The BEST threads here are threads exactly like this where there's a focused topic that gets discussed and added to and is taken tangentially all over the place while still keeping to the theme of the thread. So if this sort of discussion and sharing of knowledge bothers you, go stop people from starting discussions on specific books in the bronze horror thread, the show us your 10 centers thread, etc. etc. etc.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter since I'm pretty comfortable with the way the forum works and I really shouldn't need to justify having this FF60 conversation.

I have to say Phil Hale is definitely my FAVORITE artist right now and has been for some time. Now if I could just find/afford a painting of his.

I saw the Original cover for FLINCH #11 at SD05 but didn't get a price on it(anyone else see it/get a price)

jqqfjk.jpg

u know i just realised how creepy that cover is, very nice though :P

whats the books actually about, never heard of it before.

Not to get OT poke2.gif or anything, but FLINCH was a short lived (16 issues) horror comic from Vertigo. Each issue had 3-4 short stories by different creative teams. Some Good, Some Bad, ALL UGLY! ! !

A full set on ebay will set you back less than $20(including shipping). I recomend EVERYONE get a set

Mike

I will Add pictures later

30 days of nights 1-3

Hulk " The End"

Ultimate Spiderman#1 white variant

Ultimate Spiderman #5

Hmm where do this fall - Modern?

1st print Punisher kills the marvel universe

Okay, I'll have to post the pictures later but my list of proudest modern books:

DF Ultimate Spider-man #1 signed by Mark Bagley

DF Green Lantern #1 (Alex Ross cover) signed by Geoff Johns

DF Ultimate Spider-man #1/2 signed by Brian Bendis

and my all time favorite is Avengers #68 vol 3 "Red Zone Part 4" Because my letter to Marvel is printed in the letter column! First and only letter I've ever wrote to a comic! That's cool!