• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

real nice ff 12 cgc 9.0 on comiclink

31 posts in this topic

asking $8700

its a lovely book but i dont know if its worth $8700?

thoughts?

I remember 2+ years ago there was a 9.2 copy on ebay that was relisted several times, because no one was willing to pay $5,000 for it at the time.

So, you can take the bullish stance that the book just keeps appreciating, and buying now is a smart move.

Or you can take the bearish position and figure the book has likely peaked (like the rest of the market) and can only go down.

Consider that a really nice 8.5 sold for $1840 on Heritage in October. Granted it did have Tan to Off-White pages, but it was very sharp looking book. Personally, I would use that sale as a basis to make my buying decision, since I value 9.0s closer to 8.5s when calculating multiples.

yeah, i remember that ff 9.2 that sat unsold ....................it was a very nice 9.2

$8700 just seems too much for a 9.0 ff 12

i think $4-5k is more realistic

hey, the dude probably doesn't want to sell it and will only let it go for an offer he can't refuse. at that price, he doesn't have to worry about parting company with the book any time soon......................... devil.gif

That book sure did pick up a very high counteroffer very quickly.Kind of makes me wonder who would even go THAT high for the book.It is a very nice 9.0, but it has that pressed look to me.One things sure,F.F. # 12 never ceases to amaze me with it's strength in the silver age market place.When I put my first run together in the 70's,I never did find one.I had 3-11,13-27,29-155.They turn up more often now,but all those early F.F.'s are tough.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Amazing.That book does seem to be pushing 9.2.I have a couple of pressed books in my collection,and I'm definitely in no hurry to sell them.I'm just more "impressed" when they're NOT pressed. 27_laughing.gifGOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

My dream is to someday list a book that is impressive enough for Drdonaldblake to highlight on these boards. cloud9.gif

my dream is that one day he knows how to include the URL or link. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

27_laughing.gif There are dreams, and there are impossible dreams!

Ben, in all seriousness, why won't you ever post a URL or link? It's been explained to you several times how to do it.

My dream is to someday list a book that is impressive enough for Drdonaldblake to highlight on these boards. cloud9.gif

my dream is that one day he knows how to include the URL or link. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Ben, in all seriousness, why won't you ever post a URL or link? It's been explained to you several times how to do it.

gotta get past the punctuation issue first tongue.gif

If punctuation, grammar and spelling are problems, the doctor is only one of many sinners on these boards.

If punctuation, grammar and spelling are problems, the doctor is only one of many sinners on these boards.

hail.gif

Tim, list your BB 28 on CL or Pedigree and he will for sure. yay.gif

Nah, he doesn't cream all over himself over dumb old DCs!