• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If You Found a Case of 20 NM Action Comics #1's...............

110 posts in this topic

keep the nicest of the lot,have it slabbed for a 9.4

trade 1

sell 2

pencil in a serial # 1-19 on the rest so everyone knows it was my pedigree

destroy them in order,and have the nicest copy in the world

maybe trade 1 for some nice image comics

i would give nic cage his copy back hi.gif

smirk.gif27_laughing.gif

I have to admit, after reading the Nic Cage story in Comics General yesterday, I was tempted to start a marketplace thread titled "FS: Action 1, Detective 27". Decided it would be in pretty poor taste tho.

I've kept them all and enjoyed reading all the threads re:

- how many

- what grades

- how much everyone else's copies are worth

- how the Dentist has the best copy (of course at least 4 of my copies are better) and

- "If You Found a Case of 20 NM Action Comics #1's..............." threads

devil.gif

I'd stage some sort of dramatic meltdown at some Con or other and just rip the cover off of it in disgust and start to eat it.... Like maybe after offering it to a few dealers and making outrageous demands like a briefcase full of cash right then and there. That would be awesome!

sign-funnypost.gif

acclaim.gif

That would be just the first copy of course, not all of them. And while I was chewing on the cover I'd rant about anyone wanting a piece of an Action 1 to follow me to the bathroom and I'd [embarrassing lack of self control] it out for them. Then I'd start busting the joint up and get the cops to haul me away...

Great thread idea!

insane.gif

27_laughing.gif I sense much anger in you, Woog!

insane.gif27_laughing.gif

Gee, a year later, and I'm still not mellow...

would keep 2. (One to slab one to read.) Then would probably try to get ahold of heritage to auction a 9.8, then slowly contact people like Zaid (want 80 percent of the books on esquire 27_laughing.gif) and the dentist, geppi, etc. to work out big *spoon* trades and begin setting up HG runs. then slowly sell the rest.

I'd stage some sort of dramatic meltdown at some Con or other and just rip the cover off of it in disgust and start to eat it.... Like maybe after offering it to a few dealers and making outrageous demands like a briefcase full of cash right then and there. That would be awesome!

This answer still makes me chuckle. lol

I'd make 20 simultaneous listings on ebay, all using the same phone photo of one of the comics. In the description I'd describe them as being in 'really great' or 'unread' condition. I'd make it clear that I didn't accept returns for any reason.

I'd then watch the whole collecting community deride and laugh at the auctions, and then watch the fallout as it slowly dawned that 20 people actually received genuine NM Action #1's.

*I wouldn't really.

This answer still makes me chuckle. lol

:insane::acclaim:lol

First thing I would do is make sure they we're REAL.

Second, make sure I wasn't dreaming.

I would have 2 Slabbed to make sure CGC agreed they are indeed real.

Then I would sell them one at a time to the highest bidder & then just hold on to the rest for awhile.