• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay alert - seller Great Comics

146 posts in this topic

There is another thread about possible fraud by this seller in the Silver section. always reluctant to accuse someone of something like this - until the facts are in. he has added more books - one of which happens to be mine! He has a scan of an FF 16 9.2 cr/ow which his dead father left him. Well maybe his dead father left him the scan but I am holding the actual book! There is no doubt it is the book I bought from seller Sodmag on ebay a few months ago - there is a slight bit of back cover white showing just at the bottom left corner. Also this book is very hard to find! This guy must have saved several scans over the last few months to do this - i also think I own the Spidey 97 9.4 he has a scan of. Avoid this nut at all costs I would say. Someone with computer skills please provide the links to this criminal's auctions. Bet we see all these de-listed shortly but only to return as private auctions. That's what you have to love about ebay!

I just looked at the rest of the books he added and noticed some more books I recognize. The Strange Tales 110 was the one recently sold by Eides and i am pretty sure the Spidey 3 9.0 was one I bought on ebay a few weeks ago from seller rterling. This guy is bold - i guess he thinks no one has a memory for these hard to find high grade books.

I think Murph did on the avengers 4 and someone else did on a few of the books and got the run around. I think someone that lives near the guy offered to drive to pick them up if he won but the guy refused. I am positive the pics of the FF 16 and the Spidey 3 are the books I own! The rest of the books have all been sold on ebay in the last few months - I bet some of the other forum members may own them.

This guy stands to make an awful lot of cash from unsuspecting people. This is the kind thing eBay should be jumping on. If he is reported and they do nothing, would one of the buyers be entitled to file a lawsuit?

That is the only thing (eBay potentially losing money) that may force them to police their site better. frown.gif

I have emailed him and told him he is a fraud. Should we email all the bidders or is someone emailing eBay to make them pull his books.

Nothing ticks me off more then a fraud. If you want to rip someone off, have the nerve to do it in their face. mad.gif

Hello there:

I'm quite interested in all of your books - can you please provide me with the

serial numbers so I can get the graders notes on them?

Thank you very much!

--------------------

Question from: flying-donut

Title of item: Amazing Fantasy # 15 CGC 7.5

Seller: great_comics

Starts: Apr-26-03 13:20:59 PDT

Ends: May-03-03 13:20:59 PDT

Price: Currently $4,999.00

To view the item, go to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2172158796

I just emailed him and alerted him that we all know he's a fraud and have all contacted both Ebay and the local law enforcement (what the hey smile.gif ). I suggest you all do the same. I also emailed several of the high bidders.

i started a thread about 2 months back asking whether you guys bid on newbie sellers - i did so cause incidentally, that was when he only had a feedback of (1) and he was selling a White CGC 9.8 Western Penn Subby #1 (the one that he currently has positive feedback for) that i wanted.

when that auction was going - i emailed him THREE TIMES - once to ask whether he ships to canada (he replied promptly saying yes) and TWICE asking for the serial number. i got no reply either time.

this was discussed in the Silver forum - and a forumite (greggy i believe) noticed that the high bidder of the Subby was from the same town as great_comics. the speculation is that it was a "faked" auction in order to legitimize his current auctions.

anyhoo - it looks as though we have rustysstarwars all over again - but these books are making rusty's 9.4 and 9.6 semi-keys look like sunday comics.

what should we do? contact the bidders? win the auctions with scam_I_am IDs?

Clobberin,

From what I've gleaned about ebay -- because he's selling books you own, you can report it to ebay and they'll be more likely to listen to you. 3rd party (uninvolved) people have difficulty getting through, but because you're involved, you have a real shot at getting these closed down. This goes for anyone who owns any of the books that are in the stolen scans.

He didn't reply back within 3 days. Earlier in the month during his first auction I asked him about other books and he replied within a day. Says he has thousands of CGC books, only available for sale through eBay. Wouldn't provide serial #'s "until they're listed". I believe he also made a claim to be associated with inetcomics (or at least he spoke with him or sent him comics). Anyways, something of that nature..

Brian