• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Bolland Joker Cover Commission....I can die happy!

45 posts in this topic

That's some of the best commission works i have ever seen...truly an inspired piece, fabulous!!!

Thank you....as time passes and I look and look at the piece I am really happy that this idea crawled into my head, and that Brian liked it as much as I did. When I only get one chance at something I am always afraid that I will blow it with something lame.

Chris

www.hulk-smash.com

Chris:

Absolutely stunning and incredible piece!

Congrats!

Lamb

Thanks Lamb,

I am kinda knocked over by how much everyone else likes this piece. I usually only collect published pieces, but I pretty much love anything the Bolland has created. Getting him to put pencil to paper again is a real kick.

Best,

Chris

www.hulk-smash.com

I usually only collect published pieces, but I pretty much love anything the Bolland has created. Getting him to put pencil to paper again is a real kick.

Well, if you are going to step outside of your normal collecting box you certainly picked an amazing piece to do it with. Fantastic stuff, and thanks for sharing it with us. thumbsup2.gif

Hi Everyone,

news.gif

I wanted to share chapter two of the Bolland Joker Commission Saga (copyright 2005,2006 Chris Caira).

Tom Smith undertook to digitally color the piece and he kicked all forms of tail on it. hail.gif

http://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.com/a2xjc

Spencer Beck provided the hook up with Tom...he is everywhere doing good deeds for those in need. thumbsup2.gif Kudos Spencer (and not the granola kind, unless you like 'em)

The central figure really pops with the color scheme he chose and the blood spatter/circus balloon background works well in the theme.

Thanks Tom,

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. They are greatly appreciated.

A question came up and I don't know if I was clear enough in my description.

The original piece is black and white and untouched by color.

Tom Smith did the colors digitally which means Brian's pencils and inks are preserved.

Sorry if this confused anyone.

Chris Caira

Hey Chris, did you think about looking for John Higgins?

Actually no. I don't know if John works in digital colors. If Brian was not going to airbrush colors on the page itself (he doesn't airbrush at all anymore), then I was not going to have anyone touch the art at all and go for a digital color job. Either Brian was going to do it (if he could find the time) since he prefers to do his own colors, or I was going to have Tom Smith do it.

If John works digitally it would change things. I might see what he would do with the piece.

Now for about $3 I can have a digital print made at Kinkos off of their Laser Printer in 11X17 size.

Colors were always an afterthought to me, but they came out pretty nice.

Chris

If John doesn't work digitally, you could copy the piece and have him work on that.

I still think that Tom did a great job... no slight to what he did. It would just be cool to have John do the colors since he did the Killing Joke.