• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats do u think about loeb/mad on new ultimates?

10 posts in this topic

Just read ultimates vol 1 back issues and damnit was it awesome, some of the bets stuff i read in such a LONG time... "do u think this on my head stands for FRANCE?" best line ever!

anyway, i read that millar and hitch is going to stop doing ultimates after vol 2, of which im not looking forward to as they have done such a great job so far. just wondering what u guys thought about loeb/mad taking over the ultimates? i really have no idea here, i mean i like the loeb super/bat, but i know lots ppl dont. and also mad's art is a bit odd, to say the least... can't say i have high hopes.

why cant millar stay ultimates FOREVER!!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

I like Joe Mad's art well enough (he's really good at what he does and unlike some I don't mind his style) and Loeb has done some good work over the years.

That said, I'm not really looking forward to it. Ultimates, to me, is so much about Millar and Hitch.

not a big Mad fan, but his style seems to have changed...so maybe I'll like him more..I hope Loeb can keep the feel of Millar's writing....

I think Millar is the best writer out there right now, hands down, so I'm really sad to see him go. Winnick is good, too, and Johns, Rucka, Brubaker, Oeming (on Thor) and even Bendis on some stuff (DD, Powers, specifically).

I guess I look at it as being able to still have the Ultimates book. On the other hand, I don't think Loeb is going to be able to match Millar. I agree when someone said the book is about Millar. Even though I like Mad, I don't see how it correlates to Hitch's previous work either. We'll see though. Hopefully it's not campy.

Pat

I guess I look at it as being able to still have the Ultimates book. On the other hand, I don't think Loeb is going to be able to match Millar. I agree when someone said the book is about Millar. Even though I like Mad, I don't see how it correlates to Hitch's previous work either. We'll see though. Hopefully it's not campy.

Pat

yeah i thought that way too when i heard about ultimates 3, at least they are making mroe huh? then again they would be stupid not to, but i really dont want to see it bad, as i love it so much to have someone destroy it just to milk mroe out of the ultimates line. guess we will have to see :P

ultimate universe is getting really good at the moment with the Ellis ultimate extinction coming up, and the next issues of current ultimates run, ultimate wolverine vs hulk, ultimate ff, hell even ultimate spider-man is coming back to its old glory. some of the best stuff in marvel in a while.

ultimate universe is getting really good at the moment with the Ellis ultimate extinction coming up, and the next issues of current ultimates run, ultimate wolverine vs hulk, ultimate ff, hell even ultimate spider-man is coming back to its old glory. some of the best stuff in marvel in a while.

The Ellis run better kick butt with Extinction, because it has been a loooong and boring run up to it.

Ultimates and to a lesser degree UFF have been top notch. USM and UXM have been only adequate despite strong starts. Too early on Ult Hulk-Wolverine, although I am intriqued by Banner and how he is maintaining his little harem smile.gif