• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trim JIM in Heritage Auction

829 posts in this topic

[You are a tw-at aren't you. On the one hand readily admit peoples opinions you value have conceded favourable opinions of Doug, yet you yourself on the basis of your maligned logic have concluded him a fraudster of the highest order. Your the only one sticking with 'your' logic, and your grabbing at threads here, and not remotely considering any other plausibilities. You attempt simply to prove your line of resoning, rather then negating other possibilities. Quite the righteous ego trip, and listen to your friends. All I can say, is the hobby is better off without your narrow mindedness being interjected.

Actually...I happen to agree with Shad and JBud. I've moved away from this thread because it's clear, in my opinion, that Doug resubbed the JIM with the knowledge it was an Ewert trim. Doug hasn't explained anything to really refute that and has only provided supporting info that far from makes his case and frankly looks like a misdirect...

Don't mistake silence as support for Doug or buying his story. It's completely opposite in my case and looks clear for my vantage point, and this includes his stance on pressing, he's playing the scum dealer game with all the other usual subjects...

Jim

And for what it's worth, Stace, I'm lining up with Jim, jbud and Shad. Mr Schmell has come up with a number of differing explanations, has not produced the 'evidence' that he promised he would, has been caught in glaring falsehoods that he has NO explanation for...and unfortunately, has what we would call 'form' for deception.

It would take an enormous (and I mean enormous) leap of faith, and a determination to avoid logic, for me to ever be able to trust him again.

It would take an enormous (and I mean enormous) leap of faith, and a determination to avoid logic, for me to ever be able to trust him again.

And it isn't lost on me that he's finally decided to address this issue again coincidently while hyping a new collection on his website...

Jim

When I take these factors into account and divulge myself of personal opinion over Doug (many people I respect have had a lot of praise for him) the only conclusion I can come up with is that he was extremely negligent with this book. I would have left it at that, however his explanatory posts and "I have no knowledge of that event Senator" teflon tactics and rhetoric make me think worse of the situation. Though he shows promise as a public official, I now wouldn't go near him with a nickel.

You are a tw-at aren't you. On the one hand readily admit peoples opinions you value have conceded favourable opinions of Doug, yet you yourself on the basis of your maligned logic have concluded him a fraudster of the highest order. Your the only one sticking with 'your' logic, and your grabbing at threads here, and not remotely considering any other plausibilities. You attempt simply to prove your line of resoning, rather then negating other possibilities. Quite the righteous ego trip, and listen to your friends. All I can say, is the hobby is better off without your narrow mindedness being interjected.

blush.gif I'd rather you didn't speak to my friends in that tone blush.gif

devil.gif

When I take these factors into account and divulge myself of personal opinion over Doug (many people I respect have had a lot of praise for him) the only conclusion I can come up with is that he was extremely negligent with this book. I would have left it at that, however his explanatory posts and "I have no knowledge of that event Senator" teflon tactics and rhetoric make me think worse of the situation. Though he shows promise as a public official, I now wouldn't go near him with a nickel.

You are a tw-at aren't you. On the one hand readily admit peoples opinions you value have conceded favourable opinions of Doug, yet you yourself on the basis of your maligned logic have concluded him a fraudster of the highest order. Your the only one sticking with 'your' logic, and your grabbing at threads here, and not remotely considering any other plausibilities. You attempt simply to prove your line of resoning, rather then negating other possibilities. Quite the righteous ego trip, and listen to your friends. All I can say, is the hobby is better off without your narrow mindedness being interjected.

27_laughing.gif Now we're getting somewhere - well I dunno lets see this quote is from the Person who OWNED the book and SOLD it to EWERT. makepoint.gif

Timeline:

1) On October 11th, Qualitycomix emails Doug about the JIM 92 CGC 9.4 and indicates that the book is probably trimmed. He included the before scan so Doug would have something to compare it to.

2) The same day, Doug replied that he would take care of it. Doug also mentioned that a previous buyer had fallen thru for the book, and that he had to keep it because he had already forwarded the money for the book to Brulato/Ewert.

3) 2 days later, On October 13th, the book is regraded a 9.4 blue label. This is the only book in that submission.

4) Early January, the book appears in a Heritage Auction. This is when Qualitycomix decided it was necessary to post the book on the boards to alert everyone.

5) Doug calls Qualitycomix and lets him know that he had forgotten about the book and that he wished he had remembered because then he could've gotten his money back from Brulato. He said that because the CGC boards have determined the book was trimmed, he would call Heritage and get the book pulled.

7) Doug also said that he didn't know for sure that the book was trimmed (Qualitycomix had sent him a "before" scan, but Doug said he didn't remember receiving it) so there was no reason to believe QC, especially since the book had been thru CGC's hands twice. Doug also tells QC that he resubbed the book to get a 9.6 grade. He did not let CGC know that it was an Ewert book at all.

Those are the facts as I know them. The lie here is that Doug said that he had forgotten about the book and that he submits so many books that this book was not given a thought when he submitted it, when in fact the book was submitted to CGC by itself the following day for resubmission.

The rest is supposition and assumption about WHY this occurred.

Based on those statements, FFB's email documenting telling Doug pretty much the same thing and Doug's own admission that he talked to Brulato about it - BUT NEVER TALKED TO STEVE OR CGC ABOUT THE BOOK - other than to try to resub it for a higher grade. What the 893censored-thumb.gif should I think happened here. Actually I'm not a [embarrassing lack of self control], but I do have a problem with the slick BS that came through in this thread. If there is some other as yet unforeseen circumstance, please let Deep Throat come forward and I will write a nice long winded retraction and make sure my next purchase is from Pedigree - but right now to quote my favorite litigator.

*crickets chirping*

27_laughing.gif Now we're getting somewhere - well I dunno lets see this quote is from the Person who OWNED the book and SOLD it to EWERT. makepoint.gif

Timeline:

1) On October 11th, Qualitycomix emails Doug about the JIM 92 CGC 9.4 and indicates that the book is probably trimmed. He included the before scan so Doug would have something to compare it to.

2) The same day, Doug replied that he would take care of it. Doug also mentioned that a previous buyer had fallen thru for the book, and that he had to keep it because he had already forwarded the money for the book to Brulato/Ewert.

3) 2 days later, On October 13th, the book is regraded a 9.4 blue label. This is the only book in that submission.

4) Early January, the book appears in a Heritage Auction. This is when Qualitycomix decided it was necessary to post the book on the boards to alert everyone.

5) Doug calls Qualitycomix and lets him know that he had forgotten about the book and that he wished he had remembered because then he could've gotten his money back from Brulato. He said that because the CGC boards have determined the book was trimmed, he would call Heritage and get the book pulled.

7) Doug also said that he didn't know for sure that the book was trimmed (Qualitycomix had sent him a "before" scan, but Doug said he didn't remember receiving it) so there was no reason to believe QC, especially since the book had been thru CGC's hands twice. Doug also tells QC that he resubbed the book to get a 9.6 grade. He did not let CGC know that it was an Ewert book at all.

Those are the facts as I know them. The lie here is that Doug said that he had forgotten about the book and that he submits so many books that this book was not given a thought when he submitted it, when in fact the book was submitted to CGC by itself the following day for resubmission.

The rest is supposition and assumption about WHY this occurred.

Based on those statements, FFB's email documenting telling Doug pretty much the same thing and Doug's own admission that he talked to Brulato about it - BUT NEVER TALKED TO STEVE OR CGC ABOUT THE BOOK - other than to try to resub it for a higher grade. What the 893censored-thumb.gif should I think happened here. Actually I'm not a [embarrassing lack of self control], but I do have a problem with the slick BS that came through in this thread. If there is some other as yet unforeseen circumstance, please let Deep Throat come forward and I will write a nice long winded retraction and make sure my next purchase is from Pedigree - but right now to quote my favorite litigator.

*crickets chirping*

I see you are going with the revised Silver Age timeline.

I,myself,prefer the original Golden Age timeline.

Wonder how long we need to wait for another reboot?